Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read both November and Feb 06....anyone knows??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the Toyota Europe press release it says the all-new Toyota RAV4 will go on sale across Europe from February 2006.

The November date is for North America for the 2.4L 2006 RAV4's and Jan '06 for North American V6 2006 RAV4 but according to Kelly the US dates are when the new RAV4's arrive at port and it will take longer to appear at the dealerships.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm curious, has anyone from Australia heard which engines they will be getting?

I'm asking because here in the caribbean, we tend to get (and I've discovered this from isolating specs from all other countries) the same specs as Australia.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to folks over on RAV4OZ.com it looks like Australia is sticking with 2.4L engine. I really think the V6 RAV4 will only made available for the extended wheelbase RAV4 in North America maybe through time it might be made available elsewhere.

·
Registered
682 Posts
In Australia i have read mixed reviews. Some say only 2.4L and some both 2.4L and 3.5L. All we can do is wait till Jan-Feb when the 4.3 is released here. Gonna be a long wait!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
after reading most of the discussions and checking the European Release Brochure I came to the conclusion that i really like the new model :D . And I like it a lot! I like the looks of it and I like the increase in size.
I want to buy a combination of a family car and a recreational activity car and it matches both requirements. The 4.2 model was too small for my needs. It was impossible to fit 3 large passengers on the back seats and the boot space was simply not enough for a family.

All I need to see is how it looks in real (not photos) and test drive it. The price is also an issue since the US price is no indication (with all the tax overhead we have to pay in Greece). The existing model has dropped to 26-29.000 Euros (for the 2lt 4wd 5door model). I'm afraid that the 4.3 is going to be too expensive. Let's hope it will stay below 35000 Euros.

Does anybody know when it will finally arrive in Europe? I'm really anxious. The resellers are too busy trying to sell the remaining cars of the 4.2 model and they don't give any info on the new one.

Any price quotes from ANY European country?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rav4 will be available for purchase late Feb 2006 in Europe. Cars are already arriving at ports (and some have arrived), it is just that new Yaris starts sales in January, so they need some time after that to build another marketing campaign.

If you are looking at 2.0 4WD Limited model, prices should NOT change a lot at all. Main difference is that base model 1.8 FWD will not be sold anymore. I would not expect more than 1,000E price increase, together with more equipment in Limited trim.

If anything, we have heard from Netherlands, where it seems new Rav4 (again without base level) is CHEAPER than old.

:)

I do reccomend 2.2 D4D version, 136hp is plenty and a lot more powerful than 150hp petrol engine.... And it gets 2l less cosumption on average.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I am in the Netherlands and ordered my 2006 RAV4 just before Christmas. My dealer was sweet to me and I have been allocated a RAV4 which is due for delivery in 01/2006.

It will be a:
2.0 VVTI petrol
5 speed manual
Charcoal Grey metallic
Linea Sol
Cloth Interior
Options: parking sensors

I already have a 2001 RAV4 which I am very pleased with (apart from some minor things). So I couldn't resist the temptation of having a new RAV4 at about the same time as the dealers get their first demo's, even if I haven't testdriven it. Consider it a lengthy test drive ;)

According to my dealer I should be getting mine this month (January). We still need to sort out a theft alarm (SCM3) and the roofrack. The options/accesories list isn't available yet so he was unable to quote me. For the parking sensors they just used the 2005 price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanx for the hnt spwolfx. Unfortunately, only professional cars are allowed to have diesel engines in Athens due to alleged pollution issues :( (taxis, trucks, etc)

So, the only option will be the 2.0 VVTi petrol.
No need to discuss about the manual/automatic tradeoff.
Manual transmissions rule 8). I'll probably go for the Limited model (depends on what is included). If the prices don't change i'll be very happy, otherwise I might consider other SUVs. Its current price is nearly a year's net salary for me. I wouldn't pay more than that.

NLRAV, did you get an approximate price level in Euros? Is it going to be more or less the same price as the previous RAV4 or not?
[email protected], if only I knew...I was in Amsterdam 2 weeks ago...I should've asked a Toyota salesperson.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Believe it or not but the new RAV4 is actually better value than the old one. I believe this is because of the Japanese Yen. In the Netherlands there will be 4 trims:
Base
Linea Terra
Linea Sol
Executive

Linea Sol (which I'm getting) includes 17" alloys (225/65R17), dual zone climate control, 9 airbags, Cruise Control, 6 CD in-dash changer (MP3), electric windows, heated mirrors, ABS/BA, VSC, TRC and Active Drive.

Executive gains (a.o.) leather seats, start/stop button, heated and electrically adjustable front seats, rainsensors.

Price for a 2006 2.0 Petrol Linea Sol is approximately EUR 34550,- excluding metallic paint and delivery. The old 2005 2.0 Petrol Linea Sol was sold for 35.390,- and didn't include some of the nice stuff the new one does.

Top of the range: 2.2 D-4D D-CAT (177HP) goes for 43.350,-

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont think that base will be on dealer lots, you might be able to custom order it. Based on my allocation lists, out of 400 cars coming into my area, non are base.

We have different equipment names, but they are the same levels. Good pricing eh? :).

I will most likely be getting executive for the smart entry, it is too nice of the feature to be missing...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The prices for Germany are as follows:

Rav4 Basis:
2.0 VVTi 152 PS 5-Gang € 25.700,00
2.0 VVTi 152 PS 4-Stufen-Automatik € 27.000,00
2.2 D-4D 136 PS 6-Gang € 27.300,00

Rav4 Sol:
2.0 VVTi 152 PS 5-Gang € 28.000,00
2.0 VVTi 152 PS Automatik € 29.300,00
2.2 D-4D 136 PS 6-Gang € 29.600,00
2.2 D-CAT 177 PS 6-Gang € 30.900,00

Rav4 Executive:
2.0 VVTi 152 PS 5-Gang € 30.500,00
2.0 VVTi 152 PS Automatik € 31.800,00
2.2 D-CAT 177 PS 6-Gang € 33.800,00

Vorab-Optionen:
-Mica/Metallic-Lackierung: € 550,00
-Schiebedach (nur Executive): € 900,00
-Multivision-,Audio-DVD-Navi inkl. Bluetooth
(für Rav4 Sol und Executive): € 2.550,00
- Multivision-,Audio-DVD-Navi inkl. Bluetooth und Heckkamera
(nur für Rav4 D-CAT Executive).e € 2.950,00

The release date is feb 06;
Official press release is end of jan 06 in Portugal

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so basically, in Germany +900E for Petrol Sol/Limited, 1,200E for Diesel Sol/Limited. You get bigger wheels, dual air, extra airbag, much better diesel engine, 6 speed, 6 cd's, etc, etc, plus bigger and more usable car with higher quality interior.... Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Prices and Release Date for Europe

I read in a car magazine that the first RAV arrives in Greece on the 20th of January and that it will be exhibited by the end of the month. However, this has not been verified and it seems not probable based on what the TOYOYA salesmen told me. The official opinion is that it will be here by the end of February. I still cannot get any price quote.

By the way, what is the current list price in Germany for the Subaru Forester 2.0 X Manual? (base price for Greece is 29000 Euros, ABS-4AirBags-CLIMA). Just trying to figure out how much the new RAV4 might cost based on the prices posted in the previous message.

Cheers

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
journalist testings should have started already, and dealer testings and education will be in early feb.

We already have them on stock, not huge amounts, but they are coming in force. As feb comes, buyers should be able to get them earlier. Only reason it is released late feb is to have time for Yaris 1st month campaign.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Was browsing thru Toyota main dealers used cars last night(14) I was amazed at the number of very low mileaged Rav4.2 that were for sale. Obviously the manufacturer is trying to dispose of a lot of unsold Rav4.2s that are still floating around. Anybody who is after a soon to be previous model can pick up some crackin buys.
Clare.

·
Registered
36 Posts
mitu said:
First new euro-RAV4 spotted here in Finland....
I took a short drive with new rav4... :D Only that VSC+ was odd compared to current Avensis it really didn't work as I supposed. No beeps, no interesting noise under hood and did not even try to correct any self-made under-steering situation on ice. Is that + sign really meaning that VSC+ has less capabilities than VSC? VSC in Avensis really tries to correct under-steering situations with VSC and cabin is full of beeps and noises.... Has anyone noticed same or was that rav4 broken or is there models without VSC? Here in Finland they all should have the VSC+ as standard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts