Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To hide the aux and power wires of my ipod, I relocated the aux jack to the inside of the storage compartment. There already is a power outlet within the compartment. Below that outlet is a hole with a removable cover for the aux jack.

I first removed the panel that holds the aux jack and mirror controls. The panel just pops out with a little help by pushing the panel upward with my finger via parking brake boot. I disconnected the aux jack terminal and removed the aux jack. The aux cover from inside the storage compartment fits on the hole.

The aux jack fits sideways into the storage compartment hole. Plugged in the jack terminal. Now when I'm parked the power wire and the jack wires are hidden within the storage compartment.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Good stuff. I know it a lot to ask, but pictures would be very helpful. Thanks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Good for you! The 2006-2008 models already have the AUX jack located inside the console. This seems to me to be the most logical place for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I'm not a good photographer and lighting levels are low. But here goes.

The first photo "panel" shows the aux jack/mirror control panel pushed out from the console. I stuck my finger below the panel via the slit at the base of the parking brake slot to help release the panel.

The second photo "inside console" shows the aux jack already relocated to below the power outlet in the storage compartment. The aux jack connector is outlined in the box. This is the view within the console with the panel pushed to the side.

The third photo "console" shows the aux jack cover relocated from inside the storage compartment to former location of the aux jack.

The fourth photo "relocated aux jack" shows the aux jack in the storage compartment just below the power outlet. My ipod jack is plugged into the aux jack outlined in the box.

No tools are required, takes about 5-10 minutes, and I didn't have to remove the mirror control connector. The aux jack connector has to be unplugged first to slide the aux jack out of the panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you! The 2006-2008 models already have the AUX jack located inside the console. This seems to me to be the most logical place for it.
If I remember correctly, it was you that mentioned that the earlier models had the aux jack there. So I checked my storage compartment and saw the cover.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
If I remember correctly, it was you that mentioned that the earlier models had the aux jack there. So I checked my storage compartment and saw the cover.
Yeah, it was probably me. I tend to repeat myself a lot on this forum. :smile

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Your pictures are just fine! Thanks very much. I'm going to change mine today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts