Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm a very happy RAV4 owner starting to consider converting my 2007 V6 into a camper for a long summer road trip with my sister, and then with my 10 year old son. I am in recent remission from stage IV cancer - yippee! - and took to heart my doctor's suggestion to go have fun. There's no telling if or when I might have a recurrence. If I am still healthy by summer, I want to spend most of it showing my son some of our beautiful country. This trip is the biggest item on my bucket list. At first I was thinking RV, then DIY conversion camping van, and now I see that some clever folks have converted their RAV4s. That's how I found my way to RAV4WORLD.

I would prefer the greater space of a van, but I don't have a lot of money for this trip, and using the car I have and love would be much cheaper than buying a van. I was thinking about getting a cheap 90's van, but I am pretty sure I want air bags, which means a later, more expensive van. I don't really want to sell my RAV4 in order to afford a van. But I might if I decide that the RAV is just too small to live out of for two people for two months.

I'm learning about ideas for conversions, gadgets for conveniences, etc. and I'm open to all suggestions on anything!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Welcome and best of luck with your health, family and trip. There is a lot of DIY help here. If you can't find it, just ask.
--
Pico - just got another 3 year reprieve on my cancers check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts