Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to use Remote Connect on Android for the first time. Clicking sign-in gives "AGT001: We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again."

So far, Toyota hasn't been able to resolve it even after talking to the app developers!

I'm not looking for troubleshooting help here. Just curious if anyone else has seen this error.

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
Nope, mine works fine, only error I've ever seen was due to poor cell signal. Usually uninstalling and reinstalling the app solves most issues.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, mine works fine, only error I've ever seen was due to poor cell signal. Usually uninstalling and reinstalling the app solves most issues.
Oh, I've force stopped the app, deleted the cache, deleted the data, uninstalled, reinstalled. Repeat. Toyota had me use the fob to do a remote start saying that after I did it once from the fob, the app should work. They also deleted all my connected services and set them all up again. And then had me do the install/uninstall hokey pokey several more times.

Anyway, I'm sure this works for almost everyone here. I was just curious if there was anyone else around who has or had this problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh, I've force stopped the app, deleted the cache, deleted the data, uninstalled, reinstalled. Repeat. Toyota had me use the fob to do a remote start saying that after I did it once from the fob, the app should work. They also deleted all my connected services and set them all up again. And then had me do the install/uninstall hokey pokey several more times.

Anyway, I'm sure this works for almost everyone here. I was just curious if there was anyone else around who has or had this problem.
Yes, mine stopped working a few weeks after I started using it, it worked perfectly up til then. The app will only report my car's lock/unlock status but fails to send any of the unlock/lock/start commands. I approached a local dealer's service dept. (not the dealer I bought it from originally), they are stumped as to why it failed. All of their diagnostic tools show the vehicle is in perfect condition. They instructed me to also do the "stop/clear cache/uninstall/reinstall phone app" hokey pokey, which did not work to fix the problem. They have also deleted and re-added the vehicle to my account, also did not work to fix the problem. I have told them about something I noticed on my account, in the page where you can view the connected services; I originally selected only the service connect and remote connect services. The service connect selection does show an "opted in" message with a checkmark (which I cannot modify or edit, only view), but the remote connect service is blank, meaning it does NOT show the same status as "opted in" (even though it must have originally, since it worked perfectly since the first day I took it from the selling dealer, and for a few weeks after that). It had been elevated to a case number with Toyota engineering dept. but I have not heard back from them yet.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyota is still working my issue. They had me download a different app from "remote connect" called simply "Toyota". It also does nothing when I click "sign in", but now I can't even see my vehicle info from the website like I could before! So they're making "backwards progress"! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, mine stopped working a few weeks after I started using it, it worked perfectly up til then. The app will only report my car's lock/unlock status but fails to send any of the unlock/lock/start commands. I approached a local dealer's service dept. (not the dealer I bought it from originally), they are stumped as to why it failed. All of their diagnostic tools show the vehicle is in perfect condition. They instructed me to also do the "stop/clear cache/uninstall/reinstall phone app" hokey pokey, which did not work to fix the problem. They have also deleted and re-added the vehicle to my account, also did not work to fix the problem. I have told them about something I noticed on my account, in the page where you can view the connected services; I originally selected only the service connect and remote connect services. The service connect selection does show an "opted in" message with a checkmark (which I cannot modify or edit, only view), but the remote connect service is blank, meaning it does NOT show the same status as "opted in" (even though it must have originally, since it worked perfectly since the first day I took it from the selling dealer, and for a few weeks after that). It had been elevated to a case number with Toyota engineering dept. but I have not heard back from them yet.
For what it's worth, I also discovered the key fob has also stopped working to remote start (press lock 3 times, hold on 3rd press). It was working perfectly, til the same time the app stopped working. It does still work fine to lock, unlock, and open rear hatch.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've been having a similar, but different issue. Mine worked fine when I first got the car, but then the key fob and the app stopped working for engine start. The app will do everything else, but when I try to start the engine I get a THS168 error and it tells me to contact dealer.
Took the car to the dealer for 5K service yesterday and the service advisor seemed totally stumped and wanted me to leave my car and phone with them for a "day or two." Since that wasn't practical, I told them I'll see about bringing it in later.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been having a similar, but different issue. Mine worked fine when I first got the car, but then the key fob and the app stopped working for engine start. The app will do everything else, but when I try to start the engine I get a THS168 error and it tells me to contact dealer.
Took the car to the dealer for 5K service yesterday and the service advisor seemed totally stumped and wanted me to leave my car and phone with them for a "day or two." Since that wasn't practical, I told them I'll see about bringing it in later.
Yes that was my service dealer's first reaction, was to "blame" my phone for the problem, after I'd dropped my RAV4 off to them, they called to tell me they needed me to bring in my phone to check the app for errors (which I'd already done, having given them the error codes previously). My thought was "well, the key fob has also stopped working to remote start, previously it had worked perfectly, so it is NOT just my phone that's the problem here". Somehow, I think the problem is not with the car itself, nor my phone, nor my key fobs (which both still work fine to lock/unlock/open rear hatch). Unless I'm mistaken, the signals that are sent from either the key fob or the phone app specifically for remote start are only sending them as "requests" to a remote server somewhere, via the car's Entune system/ DCM link, then the remote server is supposed to handle the secure authorizations (via encryption, I also assume) to produce the wireless signal commands to send back to the car for the Entune system to initiate the engine start/power on state. Anything could disrupt that link chain, such as poor/no DCM signal (which I've learned is through the cellular network), or anything affecting the server itself, such as owner account settings.

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK I finally got my remote start fixed, a local dealer service dept. got on the phone with someone in the engineering dept. at Toyota, they talked the service tech through a checklist to check the internal settings (thru Techstream I can only assume). A setting had been turned off (not by me), the tech turned it back on and that did the trick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK I finally got my remote start fixed, a local dealer service dept. got on the phone with someone in the engineering dept. at Toyota, they talked the service tech through a checklist to check the internal settings (thru Techstream I can only assume). A setting had been turned off (not by me), the tech turned it back on and that did the trick.
Hey, I think you're the same guy (based on username that posted in Toyota Nation).

Did the dealer only say that they just had to reenable a setting or did they have to do a "handshake" or "registration"? I'm struggling with my dealer at the moment.

Also, was there anything serviced in your car before the issue happened?

To others, have your dealers check if the setting "Remote Engine Start Allowed" is set to Enabled.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, I think you're the same guy (based on username that posted in Toyota Nation).

Did the dealer only say that they just had to reenable a setting or did they have to do a "handshake" or "registration"? I'm struggling with my dealer at the moment.

To others, have your dealers check if the setting "Remote Engine Start Allowed" is set to Enabled.
No, nothing was serviced or changed on my car before it stopped working.
I got it brand new from a Canada factory order back in June. It worked perfectly for about a month when the problem was discovered. I believe the service dealer with the help of Toyota engineering dept. found a

No I didn't have any service to my car before the problem occured. The service dealer told me they finally found a setting was off or disabled, after help from Toyota engineering. I had previously registered it with their connected services since I picked it up brand new from a factory order with another dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Update, a local Toyota dealer was able to resolve it with the help of Toyota engineering dept. It was a background setting that had been mysteriously disabled (not by me). Thus a relatively simple fix without involving equipment replacement etc.

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
Mine has never worked. Toyota still calls me periodically to check status.
Are you using Remote Connect app or Toyota app? I deleted Remote Connect and only use Toyota, seems to work better without both on the phone and Toyota has more features.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine has never worked. Toyota still calls me periodically to check status.
Was it a guy named Henry? If so, he is in their engineering dept (presumably, a communications guy in there). What has to happen in order to get yours fixed, is Henry gets with your local dealer's service dept to give them a heads up that they will need to coordinate when you bring your vehicle in. They will talk the dealer service team through a more extensive checklist than is typically done at the dealer. That's how they found the problem in mine. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was it a guy named Henry? If so, he is in their engineering dept (presumably, a communications guy in there). What has to happen in order to get yours fixed, is Henry gets with your local dealer's service dept to give them a heads up that they will need to coordinate when you bring your vehicle in. They will talk the dealer service team through a more extensive checklist than is typically done at the dealer. That's how they found the problem in mine. Hope that helps.
Yes, it's been Henry every time. He's called me 2 dozen times at least over the past few months. But it's something about the app on my phone, because I've been able to get it to work on someone else's phone. I just never get to the username/password screen on the app. And yes, I've done all the updates, cleared the cache, cleared the data, uninstalled, reinstalled, done the hokey pokey and turned myself about, but still no joy.

I just let them work it behind the scenes. I'd like to try it for a while, but not sure I'd pay for it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, it's been Henry every time. He's called me 2 dozen times at least over the past few months. But it's something about the app on my phone, because I've been able to get it to work on someone else's phone. I just never get to the username/password screen on the app. And yes, I've done all the updates, cleared the cache, cleared the data, uninstalled, reinstalled, done the hokey pokey and turned myself about, but still no joy.

I just let them work it behind the scenes. I'd like to try it for a while, but not sure I'd pay for it.
I see. Thanks for sharing your situation. Yeah that's a shame that it's the phone that's the weak link in the chain.
That should give Toyota something to ponder about redesigning the whole remote services thing. Such as,
creating a remote starting system that is not dependent on the phone app.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts