Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Technojo, I hope that works for you, long term.

My husband picked up the keys for our car, I had to go to work. The paperwork says they did a firmware & software update. They also stated to remove the vehicle from "my garage" in the app & take it out of bluetooth on my phone. Then I'm to wait 24 hours before trying to reconnect it. I took it a step further & uninstalled the app. Tomorrow night I will try setting it up & see what happens.

Reactions: Technojo

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Technojo, I hope that works for you, long term.

My husband picked up the keys for our car, I had to go to work. The paperwork says they did a firmware & software update. They also stated to remove the vehicle from "my garage" in the app & take it out of bluetooth on my phone. Then I'm to wait 24 hours before trying to reconnect it. I took it a step further & uninstalled the app. Tomorrow night I will try setting it up & see what happens.
After the dealer update today, mine is working. It seems that all of it is working this time. Disconnecting the battery only got to about 80% functional. Let's hope this fix lasts. They didn't tell me everything that they told you. They just said I need to remove the vehicle from the app "garage" and then re-add it. I didn't give it 24 hours because I wasn't told to.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 XLE Premium
18 Posts
After the dealer update today, mine is working. It seems that all of it is working this time. Disconnecting the battery only got to about 80% functional. Let's hope this fix lasts. They didn't tell me everything that they told you. They just said I need to remove the vehicle from the app "garage" and then re-add it. I didn't give it 24 hours because I wasn't told to.
So, they did the TSB... nice, I wish they did it for me... would you be kind and look at the software/model version info that you currently have? Go in Menu > Settings > and it is somewhere down the options.

·
Registered
2020 XSE Hybrid
206 Posts
If all they did was disconnect the battery you’re in for a big disappointment. They didn’t tell you they installed the software update?

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 XSE HYBRID SILVER
21 Posts
I had the problem in Canada. March 2020 build date. Had it in to be fixed this week and they said there was no software update available as my version was up to date (I printed the US tsb for their reference, they said they couldn't use it cuz its for the US market ... anyone know where the Canadian one is? ). I have yet to confirm that its actually up to date as I have 0 faith in them. The first two times I called to make an appointment they kept trying to "connect me with a sales person": IE: they think I'm dumb and don't know how to operate it...

Then they played around with it unsuccessfully including the removal of my roof basket (because they thought it was interfering.... could have told them it wasn't). Then they disconnected the battery and naturally it "works" again so we will see how long that lasts til I go back and make them replace the receiver.

Oh and they reinstalled my roofbasket absolutely crooked as if a 5 year old put it on. I love dealerships so much.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
So, they did the TSB... nice, I wish they did it for me... would you be kind and look at the software/model version info that you currently have? Go in Menu > Settings > and it is somewhere down the options.
Is this what you wanted to see? How does this compare to yours?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Crap...just noticed that the TPMS in the app is back to displaying "N/A".

UPDATE: Working again. I think it was something I did when I was messing with the display settings. I think I reset the TPMS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is this what you wanted to see? How does this compare to yours?
Yes, thank you! My version is not up to date compared to your version. Mine is :
  • DCU: 17TDT1NA-CA31
  • Audio: 1186
But I have the Audio Plus version, not the one with JBL like yours.

I guess I will see how it goes, but if I have to go again, I'll insist on doing the TSB next time... and probably change the dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If all they did was disconnect the battery you’re in for a big disappointment. They didn’t tell you they installed the software update?
They did tell me that, but looking at the paperwork when I was back home says otherwise... Not sure if the region (I live in Canada) or the Audio version matters, but it seems I am not up-to-date... I'll have to wait and see how it goes since all is working now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the problem in Canada. March 2020 build date. Had it in to be fixed this week and they said there was no software update available as my version was up to date (I printed the US tsb for their reference, they said they couldn't use it cuz its for the US market ... anyone know where the Canadian one is? ). I have yet to confirm that its actually up to date as I have 0 faith in them. The first two times I called to make an appointment they kept trying to "connect me with a sales person": IE: they think I'm dumb and don't know how to operate it...

Then they played around with it unsuccessfully including the removal of my roof basket (because they thought it was interfering.... could have told them it wasn't). Then they disconnected the battery and naturally it "works" again so we will see how long that lasts til I go back and make them replace the receiver.

Oh and they reinstalled my roofbasket absolutely crooked as if a 5 year old put it on. I love dealerships so much.
Crap.. you had it worse then me...sorry to hear! it may be well the case that they have different versions for different countries, laws etc are not the same. And the audio version may use different hardware etc... I am not trying to defend them, but I do software development for a living, so I can understand... Luckily, it is free for one year... but this remote start feature was a big one in my decision...

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 XSE HYBRID SILVER
21 Posts

Oh i expected the first trip in to result in a simple battery disconnect which I could have done myself but I was hoping for a firmware update. They used canadian TSb t-tci-5313 which "addresses" connectivity issues though i bet it doesn't include a firmware update. Cant find this tsb online to look at. Not sure where/ if there even is a Canadian version of the firmware update? Anyone have a dealership in canada that did the firmware update for them that I could find the right tsb from?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh i expected the first trip in to result in a simple battery disconnect which I could have done myself but I was hoping for a firmware update. They used canadian TSb t-tci-5313 which "addresses" connectivity issues though i bet it doesn't include a firmware update. Cant find this tsb online to look at. Not sure where/ if there even is a Canadian version of the firmware update? Anyone have a dealership in canada that did the firmware update for them that I could find the right tsb from?
Interesting... thanks for the info. I have the same exact version numbers except for the SAM ID. This number is probably the unique car number ID... Unsure. There is an OS version also hidden somewhere, so I've read.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can't check the firmware level without a techstream.
The TSB lists the old version # and the new.
I was at my dealer asking the same thing.
They knew nothing about the DCM firmware update . It's a shame. The dealers should know this stuff.
On the plus side. They said they had no problem looking at my Rav to determine what level I had , and updating if needed . Of course no charge .
The Canadian TSB # is T-TCI-5313

·
Registered
9 Posts
It’s been 11 days since the firmware update and everything’s working fine. We’ve had it work this long before, but I’m still encouraged.
I'm 2 weeks out & the app is still working. Thankfully! They did both a firmware & software update on my Rav4. I've tested/used it a lot too, trying to see if it will break again.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had the firmware updated at the dealer about three weeks ago. Now my remote app has stopped working again. This is getting old.

·
Registered
2020 XSE Hybrid
206 Posts
There was a glitch today where it was showing the moon roof was still open and the cargo hatch door was unlocked when they weren’t. Tapping the i icon and the reload button after locking the doors on the app seemed to have resynced almost everything. It hasn’t shown my wife’s drive to and from work yet, but they do state it may take up to 24 hours for recent trips to appear.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had the firmware updated at the dealer about three weeks ago. Now my remote app has stopped working again. This is getting old.
UPDATE: Remote features still not working for me today: start, lock, unlock, odometer, DTE, and status. Although home screen is showing "Last Updated: (with correct time and date)"

I'll give it another day and then do the battery disconnect routine.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts