Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Rav and I'm having an issue with Remote Connect. The app on my phone appears to be working but just to be sure I've re-installed it. The issue seems to be on the car itself. It intermittently connects but then goes for several days without reporting it's status and because it's not connecting I can't lock the doors or start the engine. I've heard of a suggestion to disconnect the battery for several minutes to "re-boot" communications but this sounds a little extreme. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
826 Posts
This is a known issue that Toyota has been working on for months. Others have tried using the similar Lexus app and it seems to work for our Rav4s also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks. Since posting this I've realized that I am not alone. This is a major issue that dealers seem to lie through omission. I'm pissed that the sales people push connectivity as a great feature when in fact they know it has wide spread problems.

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
The communication problem only affects '20 owners, Remote Connect and Toyota app work fairly well for '19 owners, hopefully Toyota will fix it for '20 owners sometime soon!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Okay, thanks. Since posting this I've realized that I am not alone. This is a major issue that dealers seem to lie through omission. I'm pissed that the sales people push connectivity as a great feature when in fact they know it has wide spread problems.
If you do try the Lexus app please report back and let us know if it worked. I believe that using the Lexus app instead is a relatively new work around.

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
Lexus app works fine for mine, looks identical to Toyota app, be aware the Lexus Enform app didn't work for me, I got a message that VIN wasn't recognized.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lexus app works fine for mine, looks identical to Toyota app, be aware the Lexus Enform app didn't work for me, I got a message that VIN wasn't recognized.
[/QUOT

I installed the Lexus app. It looks exactly like the Toyota app but unfortunately it doesn't work. This seems to confirm that the problem is in the vehicle not the app.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you do try the Lexus app please report back and let us know if it worked. I believe that using the Lexus app instead is a relatively new work around.
I installed the Lexus app. It looks exactly like the Toyota app but unfortunately it doesn't work. This seems to confirm that the problem is in the vehicle not the app.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The only other "fix" that worked for me on three different occasions was to take a long drive away from home. Maybe 60 miles or so. Then the app started working again for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only other "fix" that worked for me on three different occasions was to take a long drive away from home. Maybe 60 miles or so. Then the app started working again for me.
[/QUO
Thanks for all the suggestions. I just went out and disconnected the battery for a mere 30 seconds and now it works. So until Toyota finds a solution I'll just have to "re-boot" it. Sounds like Windows issue!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just purchased a rav4 TRD off road. I've been unable to get the the remote services to activate. All of the other app functions seem to be working. After a couple of hours on the phone and talking to several toyota service people, I was finally told that this is a known issue and toyota is working on a fix. Funny how the dealer never mentioned this before I spent a bunch of money, and it takes talking to several people at toyota before they tell you the truth. Overall, probably not a big issue other than the deception. You know toyota is getting bad when they connect you to their customer service survey after the call and that didn't even work right. Allegedly someone from the dealer is suppose to call me tomorrow regarding a temporary fix. I'm not holding my breath. Anyone know of a temporary fix that they're doing to address this issue?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just purchased a rav4 TRD off road. I've been unable to get the the remote services to activate. All of the other app functions seem to be working. After a couple of hours on the phone and talking to several toyota service people, I was finally told that this is a known issue and toyota is working on a fix. Funny how the dealer never mentioned this before I spent a bunch of money, and it takes talking to several people at toyota before they tell you the truth. Overall, probably not a big issue other than the deception. You know toyota is getting bad when they connect you to their customer service survey after the call and that didn't even work right. Allegedly someone from the dealer is suppose to call me tomorrow regarding a temporary fix. I'm not holding my breath. Anyone know of a temporary fix that they're doing to address this issue?
They will disconnect and reconnect the 12V battery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They will disconnect and reconnect the 12V battery.
Yup! Mine worked fine after the battery reboot for two days but the issue resurfaced today. So....performed the battery reboot and all is fine again. Good thing this is an easy and quick 'fix'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
both apps currently not working now. ugh. lexus app quit after about a week.
In my situation I'm convinced that the problem isn't with either the Toyota or Lexus apps. I believe the problem is in the vehicle itself that's why everything works again after rebooting the vehicle with the battery disconnect/re-connect.

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
In my situation I'm convinced that the problem isn't with either the Toyota or Lexus apps. I believe the problem is in the vehicle itself that's why everything works again after rebooting the vehicle with the battery disconnect/re-connect.
That makes the most sense since the app works fine for '19 owners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i'm having this issue. remote connect App doesn't update status nor control the car. it's been to dealer once. they rebooted it and it worked for a week. it's been out of commission since 5/26 so far.

i took it to the dealer and claimed they fixed it and updated some software etc. still no communication b/w app and car. they have their "telematics" team working on it for now. I'll update as soon as i hear back.

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
i'm having this issue. remote connect App doesn't update status nor control the car. it's been to dealer once. they rebooted it and it worked for a week. it's been out of commission since 5/26 so far.

i took it to the dealer and claimed they fixed it and updated some software etc. still no communication b/w app and car. they have their "telematics" team working on it for now. I'll update as soon as i hear back.
See the 4.5 TSB forum for a Remote Connect fix.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts