Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello great & good

:? Confused of London here

I have a question regarding resyncing or reprogramming my remote key fob which acts as an immobiliser. It doesn't work any more and apart from changing its battery, I will need to make it work again and have been informed that it needs to be resynched with the ECU.

Does anyone have any knowlege of how this can be achieved.

This is my last chance before paying out a great wad to the local Mr. T.

thanx in advance

·
Registered
432 Posts
Which model of alarm is it? If it's the RS3000 I 'll be able to help you. let me know. and also give me an email address to send the info and pics to. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

the only info to hand because the car is at home & I'm in the office is that it was factory fitted.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Even if it is not the RS3000 it would be the next one up like RS3100 or something. If you can give me an email address I can send you a picture of the instructions on how to reprogram the remote. It is a very simple procedure and there is no reason to go and pay money to have it done.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
I wonder if you could help me out of a pickle. I brought a new fob from ebay. Do you know how I can program it to my Rav?

Part Number 08191-00880
RTT/D/X1123

Hope you can help :?:

Thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi Angel, You bought the Fob off E/Bay funny I was watching that one on E/Bay the other week, a guy in Huddersfield if I am not wrong, I have had a problem with my Remote fob If you go to Rav4.1 forums DIY& mods you willfind my posts and some very good replies especially the one from Stella It should point you in thr rlght direction
Clare

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

No that's not me! I was after those 2 as well. Ended on Christmas Eve? No the 1 I got ended on Boxing Day. This 1 doesn't seem as good as the other 2!

Thanx for the advice. :)

Sarah

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sarah Hi no I didn,t mean it was you from Huddersfield I mean,t the guy who was selling them was from there. By the way I notice you have a Freesport like myself (check out my Album to see what I have done to mine)
Cheers
Clare

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Clare

I've looked at getting a twin exhaust for mine. Never got round to it though! Plus boyfriend keeps spending the pennies on his car!!! :roll:

Looks good though.

Sarah

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know that this is an ancient thread, but in case anyone's looking...

This method isn't working for me. I purchased a new fob on ebay, and the RS3000 manual in my car says to hold down the reset button on the side of the ECU. Problem is, I can't find the ECU.

I've tried unlocking the car, pulling the battery out of the fob, then holding the top button for 10 seconds, then locking. It seems to have worked for some people, but not me.

Any help?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts