Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer said he is unable to supply a factory type remote starter for my 2017 RAV4 Hybrid. I called another dealer and found out they did not show a remote start device for this model. Has anyone purchased a Toyota remote start or any other remote start device for this model?

The Toyota brochures show a remote start as an option. What gives here?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2016 Hybrid and I ran into the same issues. I was told that there was not a remote starter for the hybrid. I eventually found a dealer that uses a third party to install remote starters. If I am not mistaken, they installed the regular Toyota remote starter, and I have not had any issues with it.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My dealer said he is unable to supply a factory type remote starter for my 2017 RAV4 Hybrid. I called another dealer and found out they did not show a remote start device for this model. Has anyone purchased a Toyota remote start or any other remote start device for this model?

The Toyota brochures show a remote start as an option. What gives here?
If I were you I would wait until around BlackFriday when BestBuy always has good deals on remote starters. I got the compustar cs41002-s 2-way kit NOV 20th and had it installed for 245.00 on my 2011 rav4. (I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment to get it installed). They also had a Viper 2 way installed for 299.00.

Below is a 1 -way starter for 299.00 if you cant wait until NOV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/compusta...99273000050000

To see if you car is compatible with this system you can check here.

Compustar - ADS-ALCA

you can call the Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778 with any questions you might have and to find out if there are any additional parts or charges.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It can wait until November, but I wish Toyota model would show up!

Thanks for the information. I can wait. I would feel so much happier if it was a genuine Toyota remote starter. That is unlikely to happen.

If I were you I would wait until around BlackFriday when BestBuy always has good deals on remote starters. I got the compustar cs41002-s 2-way kit NOV 20th and had it installed for 245.00 on my 2011 rav4. (I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment to get it installed). They also had a Viper 2 way installed for 299.00.

you can call the Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778 with any questions you might have and to find out if there are any additional parts or charges.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are right

Remote starter is for the non-hybrid Rav4 models

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right of course, but it does not seem logical. Both hybrid and non hybrid feature push button start. Aftermarket companies have the remote starts for sale. Why would Toyota ignore the hybrids?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Thanks for the information. I can wait. I would feel so much happier if it was a genuine Toyota remote starter. That is unlikely to happen.
From what I have read some Toyota dealers send their cars out to third party installers for remote starters. One thing you should consider is that aftermarket remote starters have a much further range than the OEM ones. The one I have(compustar) lets me use my original keyfob to also remote start the car by pressing the lock button 3 times ( I have key start and not push button). The other thing is some Toyotas will shut off when you open the door (I heard it happens to some push button start vehicles) . I not sure about your model but its something you should be aware of when you go looking for one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer is offering a RS for my 2017 Hybrid.. but they DO bring in a 3rd party to do the install and they report that I will be issued two fobs for it... to use/carry in addition to my regular fobs.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My dealer is offering a RS for my 2017 Hybrid.. but they DO bring in a 3rd party to do the install and they report that I will be issued two fobs for it... to use/carry in addition to my regular fobs.
Sounds like your getting an aftermarket starter and not OEM.. You should ask them which brand and model your getting so you find out the specs and then will be able to compare with other brands and models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have a 2017 Hybrid Rav4 and in the middle of the night my vehicle started automatically. The remote fob was downstairs and I have tried pressing the 'lock' button three times and the vehicle does not start.

My car was at the dealership for a routine oil change the day prior.

Has anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't remember where I heard of this (possibly YouTube), but 12v Solutions makes one that works great with the OEM fob. 2013-2018 Toyota Rav4 Plug & Play Remote Start Kit (Push Button Start)

Definitely either find a discount code online, and/or put it in your cart then leave it there without purchasing. With the latter, they'll email you (assuming you're signed up) with a discount code. You can also sign up for the email list and wait for a sale. I think I hit a sale and used a discount code.

Anyway I installed it myself (also 2017 Rav4H) and it works great. It's really helpful to have for cold days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts