Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I read on Toyota web site that RAV4 hybrid remote start is not available. Have anyone installed an after market remote start? Please advise. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yes people have. I am scheduled to have one installed in early december at a local shop. Just so you're aware, with Toyota push button start the car shuts off as soon as you open the door. Very unhappy about that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I do not have the hybrid, but just had a Viper Two way installed in my wifey's XLE.

Took them less than an hour using the T-harness. Was a bit expensive little over 500, but she's happy and warm.

Have read a lot about the Fortin EVO One remote start but didnt have the confidence I could do it myself.
May be worth your time to look into it, if you can install or have a friend who could help.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Yes people have. I am scheduled to have one installed in early December at a local shop. Just so you're aware, with Toyota push button start the car shuts off as soon as you open the door. Very unhappy about that.
I installed one myself. If you don't connect the wire to the dome light the starter doesn't know you opened the door and may keep the engine running. I did that with the brake switch to keep it from shutting off ASA you touched the brake to shift into gear. The problem that caused was if you didn't turn the key to run the engine would shut off while driving when the remote starter timed out. After that happened to my wife a couple of times :egad: I reconnected the wire.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just use the heated seats and you're good to go.
Lol. Well that’s fine in your temperatures. But not for winter in mine. You realize there are different climates around the world, right? My winters are 40-50 degrees colder than yours and I have a 10 month old baby to put in there in our stone cold mornings.

·
Registered
291 Posts
my local dealer offers aftermarket auto start, also for Hybrid. $710.00

·
Registered
16 Posts
Only option available at my dealer was aftermarket, some mycar or something - came to around 1,100 and then a 36 per year fee to use after the 3rd year. I was like what, you want to charge me a subscription to use remote start?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Only option available at my dealer was aftermarket, some mycar or something - came to around 1,100 and then a 36 per year fee to use after the 3rd year. I was like what, you want to charge me a subscription to use remote start?
There are better deals out than that. Run from that one as fast as you can. Never heard of a subscription fee for a remote starter and don't need one. Your not relying on am outside source to make it function like your phone does.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Subscription services like Mycar or Viper involve more than just a basic remote start. They often cover gps locating, the ability to start it from your cell phone, security, etc... It definitely sounds like more than you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My car was equiped with a remote start by the Toyota dealer, when I bougth it as a brand new. Pressing the lock button of the remote control three times starts the car. This option cost about 200 eur. The working distance is not very long - about 50 meters, but it is long enough in my case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts