Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to Rav4 and after test driving Sportage, CRV, Escape, Highlander, I have decided to wait for RAV-06.

I only want one accessories to put on i.e. Remote Starter. I wish to get advise from you experts on this.

Do you guys see any issues with remote starters on Rav4; any recommendations.

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nouse4aname said:
Kelly Smith said:
"Remote Starter" will be offered as an OEM option from Toyota on the US 2006 RAV4. 8)
At likely double or triple the cost of a good aftermarket setup :D
LOL you just made my day! Too funny. (and thats saying a lot considering I had a crappy day)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
nouse4aname said:
Oh fine... make jokes about putting me out of work :evil:

:wink: Just kidding. It will be INTERSTING to see what price TOYOTA charges for this PORT INSTALLED option :roll:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kelly Smith said:
nouse4aname said:
Oh fine... make jokes about putting me out of work :evil:

:wink: Just kidding. It will be INTERSTING to see what price TOYOTA charges for this PORT INSTALLED option :roll:
Speaking of trying to put you out of Work Kelly,

I am most likely buying my next vehicle from Washington State. (Either the IS 350 or the V6 Rav4)
Depending on what the final pricing is, but to buy from the states i'll save a few thousand (even after changing dash, adding DRL, etc... to meet Canadian standards) In the IS 350 case I think I'd save $8,000 after all that jazz. Which is HUGE savings. So anyways once I know a bit more if you could help me find a friend dealer. (closer to canadian border the better) I could come on a ferry from victoria or from vancouver to the border) (I live in Vancouver Island)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
csis_agent said:
I am most likely buying my next vehicle from Washington State. (Either the IS 350 or the V6 RAV4)
WOW... that is quite a savings :shock: I'm clear down in Vancouver, WA... almost in Portland. The only Lexus dealer I know of around here is http://www.lexusofportland.com/index.html .You'll most likely want to try http://www.lexusofseattle.com/index.html . We've been processing IS250/IS350 for a couple weeks now. Very nice car... quite an improvement from last years 8)

Now that we've pulled this thread completely OFF TOPIC... maybe someone out there can help NewToRav4 with his question :roll:

NewToRav4 said:
Hi,

I am new to RAV4 and after test driving Sportage, CRV, Escape, Highlander, I have decided to wait for RAV-06.

I only want one accessories to put on i.e. Remote Starter. I wish to get advise from you experts on this.

Do you guys see any issues with remote starters on RAV4; any recommendations.

Thanks

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys... So I am assuming there is no major issue with after market starters. I will wait fot OEM too... but if its a big bang on the pocket...

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Some may be dealer installed... but the majority are installed at the US ports. I talked to one of the guys installing them... quite labor intensive. Though they are like you say... plug and play... no splicing... they include a trip switch for the hood. If I get a chance I'll try to get a copy of the installation instructions. One cool thing... the factory key is used to trigger the device 8)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Option code for the port installed REMOTE START is "V4". At least that's what it is for the West coast and Northern states 8)

I got a copy of the installation sheet. It's 27 pages :? (19 pages of install and 8 pages of function tests!)

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
ahh okay. Maybe its a regional think Kelly? My dealer tried to sell me the remote start and/or the factory alarm and they were explaining to me that these are dealer accessories (like floor mats).. anyway, VERY expen$ive accessories.. I found a Tpypta alarm on the net for 1/2 and I'll instal it myself..:)
Frank

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
flyingn said:
ahh okay. Maybe its a regional think Kelly? My dealer tried to sell me the remote start and/or the factory alarm and they were explaining to me that these are dealer accessories (like floor mats).. anyway, VERY expen$ive accessories.. I found a Tpypta alarm on the net for 1/2 and I'll instal it myself..:)
Frank
Where did you find it? I want to get one for my, but dealer dont have it yet, and aftermarket one is not bad $150 plus one key

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats intresting, not here they sad few month till they get them in, so i'll try to find some that i could buy and install my self, or just go with aftermarket, also do you know if all rav4 come with engine imobolizer?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello Everyone,

I am also looking into buying the stock alarm and installing it myself. I have found a place to buy them but in looking at the instructions for some of the alarms for other models it appears that you need a device to enable the alarm after you install it.

Can I install a factory alarm in an 06 RAV4 with commonly available tools? I have a Limited with the alarm prewire.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts