Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to get my wife a remote starter for her '04RAV for xmas. I checked around at a few stores and was a little surprised at what I found.
I wanted one with keyless entry also. I say the average was around $100 for the unit. The standard installation was about $100 and then they said oh yeah, it will also be an extra $130 for your vehicle, and oh yeah you need to buy a new key so we can destroy it and mount the chip is a special box. I'm not sure how much a new key is, but I'm already closing in on $400. Anyone do this themselves? and is there really a chip in the Rav keys?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a Remote Start from Autoalarmpro.com...installation is straight forward from the looks of it.....

if you have questions you can always give them a call.....

i am installing my starter myself....hopefully all goes well and I will try to post some pics, too....

try the following links below to get a better picture...hope this helps

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1842&highlight=remote+starter

this link is for Automatic Transmission Vehicles
http://autoalarmpro.com/remote_car_starters

this link is for Manual Transmission Vehicles
http://autoalarmpro.com/r_starters_for_manual_trans_

this link for additional interface kit if you have an existing alarm system
http://autoalarmpro.com/bypass___interface_kits

(click-on image below for a closer look)

Two, 3 Button Remotes. Pressing the left button will remotely LOCK your vehicle. Pressing the right button will remotely UNLOCK your vehicle. Pressing the bottom center button will REMOTE START your vehicle.

4 Choices or Remote Start Run Time. This system can be pre-programmed to run for 5, 10, 20 or 30 minutes. If the vehicle is not entered within the programmed run time, the engine will automatically shut down after the programmed time has elapsed.

Control ALL features from up to 500 feet away.

Parking Lights Flash to indicate activation. The parking light's will flash everytime you use the remote and when you activate the remote starter, the Parking Lights will go on, and remain on, to indicate that the vehicle has started and is running via remote control.

Horn output pulse notification upon remote starter activation.

Car Finder Feature. Pressing the remotes lock button twice will beep the vehicles horn 6x and flash the parking lights 12x to help you locate your vehicle in a crowded parking lot.

Pit Stop Mode. This feature allows your vehicle to remain running after the key has been removed from the ignition switch. This feature is useful for occasions when you wish to exit and lock the vehicle for short periods of time, but would like to leave the engine running with the heater or AC on.

Automatic Re-Start. This system will attempt to re-start the vehicle automatically, up to 3x, if the vehicle fails to start or stalls after the first remote start attempt.

Auto Timer Start. This unit can be programmed to start and run the engine every 2 or 3 hours. The engine will then run for the pre-set run time.

Turbo Cool-Down Timer Mode. Keeps the engine running after arriving at your destination for a programmable period of 1, 3 or 5 minutes. This allows the system to conveniently cool down the turbo after you have left the vehicle.

Safety Input. Brake input to assure a Safe Shut-Down and/or prevention of remote starter activation.

Automatic Transmissions/Fuel Injection Vehicles Only.

Diesel & Turbo Vehicles Compatible.

Owner/Operator Manual.

System-to-Vehicle Specific Wiring & Installation Instruction's!

"Quick-Connect" Installation Kit.

2 YEAR WARRANTY

Pre-Wired to be installed into your specific vehicle.

Easy Installation! NO PROGRAMMING NECESSARY! Make your connections following the easy to follow step-by-step guide for your vehicle & PRESS THE REMOTE! Technical Assistance available to you 7 Days a week

Will post pics on the installation...................

TOTAL PRICE FOR REMOTE STARTER & BYPASS KIT----->$134.00

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sounds like like the exact features that I have. The total price for my unit was $370-400 if i remember correctly. Normal price for this unit installed around my area was 500-600. $400 sounds like a good price. It may seem like they are nickle-and-diming you b/c the original price of $100 is very very low.

Expect the bulk of the cost to be from installation. That is common. As others membesr have noted, you can try it yourself to save yourself some money. As for me, I'm completely lost with stuff like that so I was more than happy to pay the people who knew what they were doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts