Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Rav4 has an after market alarm system and keyless entry fobs. The only working fob is now dead (yes I tried changing the battery). It's just old and after dropping it, the thing is no longer in working order.

The car alarm will sound if I try to enter the vehicle with the key. It also cannot be started with the key when the alarm is going off.

Now my car is inoperable without a working key fob.

I've removed the panel under the steering wheel and I am not able to disconnect the alarm after hours of researching on the internet.

I just want the alarm system off as the car is a 2004 and I have no issues with using the key to unlock my vehicle from now.

Please help?? All of the instructions I've viewed online about how to remove an after market alarm system have no helped with this issue.

I'm not sure how to find the brand of the alarm system.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
As most alarm systems are similar I would phone a local company that installs aftermarket alarms and explain the problem. They probably get similar calls every week and may have a minimal service charge for a tech to stop by to disconnect the system or may even talk you through what to look for to disconnect it yourself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you tried simply unplugging all the cables going into the alarm box? For many, that's all it will take to get it out of the way. If the car won't start with it unplugged, there's probably only a single relay left which needs to be bypassed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Put the alarm in valet mode.

Most alarm has a valet mode, the alarm will not do anything but lock and unlock door . Put the key on without starting the car,and look for an alarm kill switch . When you find it just toggle it ,you should see the indicator light for the alarm inside the car stay on. Most of time under the dashboard of driver side. Sometime the kill switch is the indicator light itself,all you have to do press down the light. Hope this help you. Good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts