Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I would like to know if anyone has ever managed to remove the top part of the rear panel (circled in red) . I tried but I'm afraid to break everything.
Thank you
RAV4 2008

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It may come off since it looks like there are gaps in between. You will need to see what it looks like on the other side. This video may help remove the trim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may come off since it looks like there are gaps in between. You will need to see what it looks like on the other side. This video may help remove the trim.
Yeah It looks like it come off, but I dont want to remove all the panel to finally see that it don't. Why i want to know if someone knows.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I just had the whole panel off, but I didn't think to look there... The annoying part to remove the whole panel is the safety belt bolt near the rear seat (not enough space there, you need a open wrench. Plus pulling the luggage area flat panels. See in the attached pdf the steps.

I would try to stick a light and a camera trough the side panel, maybe you see the connection type.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ID checked and its surely removable but I Think there is some clips or screws inside so it cant remove without remove the the side panel . If someone has pics from inside the panel, its should be great .

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you take off the two small screws and one 10mm bolt on top part and the two big retainers on bottom, you could pry it away enough to peek behind it.
See page 10 of the pdf.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The lever has just a trim around it and that trim comes off easy. I didn't need to take it's screws off.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Best bet is to stick your cell phone camera in there with the flash on and take a pic. Toyota frequently uses plastic weld studs to hold minor plastic pieces onto larger panels, making them one assembly. This is hugely annoying but means it’s usually best to take the whole panel off, otherwise you might not get the small panel back on.

Reactions: Goldoro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally I removed the whole panel. The storage bin is fixed with 4 screws and 4 plastic clips (See pics). Once the panel is removed, the bin is very easy to remove. So thanks to all for these info about how to remove the panel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts