Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone post up instructions on how to remove the front bumper on a 99 Rav4? Looks simple enough, just fon't want to run into any surprises.

I've been away for awhile and my sn was deactivated... oh well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
it is real simple - I haven't done it for a while but three or four bolts ocross the bottom, same on the top. A couple screws on each side where the splash guards attach, remove the turn signals and it comes right off. Kinda scarry to see that it is not much and nothing behind it, makes you not want to hit anything!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yup... just as Stelly has described. Very simple to remove the front bumper. I've done it so many times already, I could probably do it blindfolded. A couple of screws on the top that is visible once you open the hood. There are a couple of screws/bolts under the bumper and in the splash guard. Be careful, some of those screws actually hold the splash guard up, but you'll be able to figure out which one holds which together. Then there are a few near the wheel well. And then detach the turn signals and it comes right out. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was as simple and straight forward as described. It was a bit scary actually how easily it came off. Also scary to see that there really is nothing behind it. If you have to hit anything, hit it head on as the reinforcement bar will likely take the brunt of the damage. Last winter, the car started sliding down a road and rear ended another car (friggin expedition with nice chrome bumpers). There was no damage but when I removed the bumper last week, I saw the reinforcement bar was bent. There is no protection for the front left and right quarters. I would have probaby cracked the headlight and bent sheetmetal if the collision was off-center. Just FYI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts