Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to get into the Rt Rear Tail Light assembly to find the REVERSE +12V Signal Wire for Adding a BackUp Camera. As well as Replacing the Bulb on the White Reverse Light.
There is NO Room for Hands in there on the rt. side….. Soooo, i decided to REMOVE the Metal Frame that supports the Scizzor Tire Jack
What a Pain in the A*# = Thanks Toyota !!!! These Engineers should be Shot, proves that they Don't want anyone to perform their own service.
Keep in mind I love Toyota Vehicles, and have owned Several 4Runners, but this is my 1st RAV4 ( 2012 LIMITED)
a) 1st turn screw counterclockwise to loosen Jack was a Pain
b) Loosen off the Black trim on rt rear, don't forget to remove bolt for Tie Down Ring on bottom as well.
c) Black Steel Frame Removal , there are 3 - 3/8 Bolts that need to be removed, 2 - 14mm Larger Bolts holding the tray at the rear
*** Be Very Carefull NOT to drop them inside for they WILL Be GONE.
I used a Magnetic Removal Tool that saved me :)
Now i have the same amount of room as on the Left Side Panel for Access to Lights

** what i " Do Need " is when Splicing into the Harness Wire for Activating my REVERSE +12v , "which Color Wire is it" ?
I know , its Not the White ( +) or Black (Ground) Wires for the Bulb,…..
it has to be another wire in the Harness / Molex Connector for the ACTIVATION of the +12V Reverse SIGNAL lead
* So What Color Wire is the one i am Needing ?

Thanks, Awaiting Replies ,
Rich D

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Set the parking brake, turn the ignition to "on", place transmission in reverse...you can then probe the wires to find the one you need. I don't remember what wire it is, but that's how I did it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts