Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I would like to remove the plastic door trim on the interior lower bottom of the door of a 2015 RAV4 and would like to how how to safely remove this without causing any damage? I would like to spray a rust inhibitor oil in all 4 doors of the vehicle and it appears that in order to access the access holes in the sheet metal the plastic trim needs to be removed. I attached a picture for reference. Appreciate any feedback on this...

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is a great idea. Winter is almost here, and I do not want the snow and salt to get stuck up there. I'd also like to know if anyone has opened it yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For anyone interested, I was able to figure it out this year while spraying my rust inhibitor oil on the vehicle. There are small indented tabs on the bottom black plastic trim. Take a needle nose pliers and push the tabs in and start pulling the piece outward as you go. It will fold downward and allow access to the drain holes in the bottom of the door. Can't believe I didn't figure this out last time, it's very easy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts