Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any reccomendations on something to remove the painted on "Scion" name from my Scion head unit? I tried a citrus based paint stripper (on the face plate of the old radio) and it ate the plastic.

Since I have the 2005 unit, I've been able to set the Welcome message to say "Toyota RAV4" rather than "Scion", so there is just the painted label left to take care of.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've used a green 3M Scotch Brite (these are in the dish detergent aisle in the grocery store) pad before to remove painted on logos on plastic face pieces. Its best if you tape around the area you want to remove then, very light pressure it will remove the logo.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might try Avon Skin-So-Soft Insect Repellent. I'm not kidding - I've had to replace some painted plastic pieces where my legs rested against them and ate the paint off.

Heed that as a warning also. I know I'll never use that stuff again.

LOL :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DO NOT USE ACETON PRODUCTS. IT MELTS PLASTICS....

I know because my mother owns a nail salon. And i poured aceton (AKA NAIL POLISH REMOVER) on everything.

heres my question is the scion logo printed on or painted? Can you somehow lightly scratch it off? If not I would rather suggest painting over it. [/quote]

·
Registered
986 Posts
Avon Skin So Soft also repels Mosquitos.

Acetone does melt some plastics, it depends which kind though. Now that I think about it, you probably shouldn't try it on the faceplate because it is "soft" plastic.

You can also try mineral spirits, I've never had that melt plastics.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any successful Scion logo removals?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has successfully removed the Scion logo painted on the face of the stereo?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No offence - but I think a sheet of sand paper would be better than most of these suggestions :shock:

I've heard that gentle rubbing with a sugar cube is supposed to remove t-mobile logos without and plastic damage at all - may be worth a try!

·
Registered
16 Posts
imho sand paper would definately work, but it would actually remove a bit of plastic, and you'd prolly get scratches (or a very smooth patch if you use higher grit) a scotch brite pad is the last harmful abrasive i can think of right now.. unless you wanna try some toothpaste

1 - 14 of 14 Posts