Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scraped against a curb the other day and scuffed up a wheel on my 2013 Limited.

I'm anal about my car and would like to clean/polish/fix up the scraped area. Anyone have tips on how to go about doing this? Is it even possible?

IIRC the Limited came with alloy wheels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I feel your pain. Most repairs will be less than perfect. I would check on a price for a refurbished wheel if you are as anal as I am about the looks of my vehicle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can definitely go that route for perfection. :) Any idea what type of wheel these have/where to find OEM replicas?

I suppose a call to the dealer could sort this, but that takes more effort. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can definitely go that route for perfection. :) Any idea what type of wheel these have/where to find OEM replicas?

I suppose a call to the dealer could sort this, but that takes more effort. :)
I would recommend just getting a new OEM wheel versus a OEM replica. They can't be too crazy expensive.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i would get the wheel repaired or replaced and then buy tires that offer some curb protection...many tires have an extra lip that will offer some protection from curb rash...i have been getting tires like that for years and am very happy so far...

·
Super Moderator
11,134 Posts
Google alloy wheel repair. I had one done and they came right to the house. Far far less money than buying new. There is a thread here somewhere showing before & after pictures of the wheel but I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
new oem wheels are probably in the 300-500 range...
Closer to the lower limits of your range...Just looking real quick I found some online for ~$350. +/- $~$25 depending on the trim level you have. I guess not that expensive is relative to the person. For me, that's in the "buy new OEM" range, but I understand it may not be for everyone. Hopefully a wheel repair place can get it looking much better for a lot cheaper! Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide and how it turns out!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wheels unfortunately don't match the ones at that link I don't believe.

I will investigate a repair service or try it myself via online tips I found. It's not a pressing issue and am too busy until January to mess with it. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts