Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post some tips on removing the faceplace and stero on the new Rav? I just bought an iPod interface unit, and it needs to plug into the back of the radio (!!!!) I thought it was accessable from below, but that's not the case.

I'm sure it's a simple pop the faceplace off and mounting screws are shown, but I don't want to break it.

It's a JBL unit if that matters.

Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
actually you interface your ipod through your armrest cargo area. get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. there is a 12V power supply along with an aux jack down there. don't need to take the dash apart unless you are doing something more permament.

B

·
0 Posts
Have a look in this thread and also at the pictures in my gallery.

I had the stereo a couple of weeks ago to find out what plugs are on the back of it. If your ipod adaptor needs an aux input, I think you might be out luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The aux jack in the concole is nice, but there are better set-ups for iPod integration that utilize the steering wheel controls and power management. I just bought a controler unit from Crutchfield that plugs into the CD changer plug and offers a single cable to the ipod for playback AND charging. Also addes RCA aux inputs for a second source like XM radio. Sound quality should be better, for the Aux jack is prone to interference.

Thanks for the tips BaronG. Should work out ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts