Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how the Toyota badges are secured on the car, i.e. is is it just glued or pinned in?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
How easily is the front badge removed on an '05. I thought it might clean up the front grill appearance if it was gone.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The badges on the back are double back tape. I purchased some from Toyota.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I thought about removing the back badges, too. I've got the "S", the Toyota logo and the "RAV4". I sort of like the "S" as I have two "SS" Chevy's and this 4 banger is like having half an "SS" or "S". They just appear to be clutter and interfer with waxing the paint. Any comments on this idea?

One of my favorite movie lines: "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!" hee hee

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took all the badges off mine, I prefer the cleaner look.

I had the word 'TOYOTA' across the spare cover but that was just simple stickers, that came off the day after I took the car home back in '01.

The rest of the badges came off a couple weeks ago when the lease ended; I just pried them off and then washed the remnants of the sticky gunk away.

All that's left is the badge on the front grill but as mentioned above, that's bolted on, and its absence would leave a strange looking empty oval. I like the suggestion above of tinting it black, I may try that this week.

-Stephanie

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stephanie said:
I took all the badges off mine, I prefer the cleaner look............. I just pried them off and then washed the remnants of the sticky gunk away.
FYI: for anyone doing this, just get an extension chord and a hair dryer ....... it makes life a lot easier when the decals or badges are heated, they come right off. DO NOT EVER USE A HEAT GUN!!! It may seem like common sense to most of us, but you never know! lol

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Heinznfries44 said:
RAV4Don said:
How easily is the front badge removed on an '05. I thought it might clean up the front grill appearance if it was gone.
If you remove the front badge, you're left whith an ugly space where it used to be.... trust me, I tried it when I painted my grill.
Do we have the same grill? Mine is an O5 S model and the front logo badge appears to just be placed over the metal mesh grill and then attached with a screw behind. It sure seems that just removing the badge would result in a clean grill pattern all across the front. The reason I don't just remove the badge and see first hand is that I am concerned that reattaching the badge (with the limited access from behind) might be much more of a chore than removing it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
RAV4Don said:
Do we have the same grill? Mine is an O5 S model and the front logo badge appears to just be placed over the metal mesh grill and then attached with a screw behind.
I have the '01 "C Package" and the grill is molded from black plastic, including a molded oval where the badge is, so removing the badge will leave the oval. The metal grill sounds neater though.

-Stephanie

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bit of a thread ressurection, but thanks for everyone's comments.

Now replaced the rear badge with something else, maybe not to everyone's taste but at least the girlfriend likes it!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is odd that only TOYOTA owners seem to "prefer" the cleaner look and want to take all Toyota names/badges off of their cars. I have yet to meet a GM/Chrysler/Ford owner or even a European auto owner that does something like that.....

When I was in DETROIT, a lot of Toyota owners "prefered" the cleaner look. TOYOTA was erased off of 95% of Trucks and I used to make bets with my wife whenever I saw a Toyota truck that STILL had the TOYOTA written at its back, it would have an OUT OF STATE plate.

Any ideas why? :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nah, we have it a lot over here. I believe it's called the 'European' look (though usually by those that have crappy French or German cars).

As for me, I'm Toyota and proud! :D Even the badges on my Supra are 23k gold plated! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts