Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anyone have this jack? I like the how it is used to jack up and place the stand on the same lift point and it has an adapter for the pinch weld.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Looks nice but expensive for 1 jack stand. I can't tell by the picture but if the side of the jack stand does not touch the bottom of the car then only the pinch rail is carrying all the weight of the car. The pinch rail can bend if you lift from it. Best to have even pressure on the pinch rail and on both sides under the car like the scissor jack.

Using a regular jack stand with a uni-strut bracket and hockey puck on top is how I have mine setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice jack stand setup.

I thought the same thing and left feedback on the site about making the gap deeper to allow the pinch weld to fully pass thru so that side plates supporting the weight, basically as the OEM scissor jack.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Nice jack stand setup.

I thought the same thing and left feedback on the site about making the gap deeper to allow the pinch weld to fully pass thru so that side plates supporting the weight, basically as the OEM scissor jack.

From what I read on their site they accept any/all comments positive or negative to help them develop a better product. 0:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully they do make the modification, I'll be sold. Doesn't seem like it's for the majority considering the price, but it's a pretty innovative design and they say it's made in the USA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts