Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Well I washed my red '06 RAV Sport for the first time this past weekend and I scratched it. :( I was scrubbing especially hard on a spot on the rear door right below the window and I made several circle scratches in the clearcoat. There must have been something in my wash mit. What's a good thing to use to fix it? I tried some Meguiars liquid wax/cleaner and Zaino Z-5, but they didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Try a product specifically intended to remove surface scratches, like Meguiar's Scratch-X or Mother's Scratch Remover. I keep some of this on hand because scratches do happen no matter how careful you are.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just had bad and good luck in the last 24 hours.

I just found out some a$$ "O" scratched my rear spoiler all the way from left to right last night. MAD! MAD! MAD! :evil:

The scratch wass right on eye level. It's very very obvious. I could feel the scratch when I touched it. :(

So I took my rav to a detailer this morning. The technician used some solution to make most the scratch gone and the surface is smooth as usual. But I could still see a very light trace of it.

I just bought the Meguiar's Scratch-X and rubbed it with a microfibre cloth. Now the scratch is not notable anymore. :D

I am glad I read this post before. So thank you everyone.

TSQ

·
Registered
42 Posts
wash mitt scratches!

Hey all,

but a box of cheap towels at costco, throw them in the washing machine every time you wash the car. use a machine washed one EVERY time...

nothing works as well, never a scratch...

my 2cents worth..
C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts