Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, longtime lurker, first time poster.

I'm looking into the possibility of swapping out the bulbs in my dome lights for LEDs. I plan on living out of my RAV4 starting in May and it would give me peace of mind to know that if I leave my doors open for awhile, it won't be a big draw on the battery. (Yes, I know I can turn the lights off, but I prefer to have them set to DOORS for security reasons).

Does anyone have any experience removing these lights? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
178 Posts
has been discussed many times. using the search feature should get you plenty of results. i did the same to mine several tears ago and love it.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Hey OverDriveOstrich, this is a good to replace your interior lights.

·
Registered
244 Posts
At this moment I can only find the cold white 3000-5000K LED versions as a replacement for the RAV's interior lights.
As I don't want to sit in a refridgerator, I would like to know if anybody knows a link to warm white replacement LED's of about 2800-2600K.

·
Registered
449 Posts
At this moment I can only find the cold white 3000-5000K LED versions as a replacement for the RAV's interior lights.
As I don't want to sit in a refridgerator, I would like to know if anybody knows a link to warm white replacement LED's of about 2800-2600K.
Warm 2600- 3500K throws yellowish color lights like OEM incadescents. You're sure you want that?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts
My interior LED's look very similar to fluorescent lamps. I like the bright white light inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Warm 2600- 3500K throws yellowish color lights like OEM incadescents. You're sure you want that?
Yes, true, with LED's I would like the same light color as the original light bulbs produce.
Some people like the cold white light, but I prefer a more warm glow like normal bulbs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think this is what you want. I bought the white/bright version, but I think this is the yellow light version. and not bad for 10 bulbs for $13.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NL6VY4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
(if the link stops working ever, here is the title: 194 LED Light bulb, Yorkim 6th Generation,Error Free, Non-Polarity,12V Lights for 168, 2825,T10 5-SMD LED Bulb, Replacement Bulbs(Pack of 10)-Yellow)

·
Registered
64 Posts
What brand is everyone going with? I'm looking for something bright, around 5000k, and doesn't burn out fast and last a long time, Any recommendation will be appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts