Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about replacing my RAV XLE 2017, my front bumper was hit and I want to replace it. But I like "GRILLE, RADIATOR, LOWER NO. 1 and NO.2" of SE, can I replace these parts for my XLE?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Grills should be interchangeable since the bumper cover is the same between SE and XLE, just a side note bumper cover does differ between Japan and Canada built Rav4's.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Reviving an old thread, I am looking to do the same on my 2017 XLE Canadien built and change over to SE grill parts. I do like the honeycomb pattern. Can anyone provide any part numbers? I know the 2016 SE has a lower lip that extends out further than the 2017 and 2018 models. I just don’t want to buy parts that I know I can’t return.

Here is what I believe I will need:
Honeycomb pattern tow hook covers
Upper honeycomb grille
Lower radiator honeycomb grille
Front lower valance
Front silver trim moulding
Lower front bumper absorber? (This may be just for 2016 or Japanese built RAV4’s)

·
Registered
3 Posts
the top grille is 100% interchangeable ..I BELIEVE you have to change the lower valance to match the bottom of the lower grille has different tabs that line up differently than the standard lower grille ALSO NOTE you have to get matching "SE" tow hook covers the upper left and right comers of the lower honeycomb grille

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reviving an old thread, I am looking to do the same on my 2017 XLE Canadien built and change over to SE grill parts. I do like the honeycomb pattern. Can anyone provide any part numbers? I know the 2016 SE has a lower lip that extends out further than the 2017 and 2018 models. I just don’t want to buy parts that I know I can’t return.

Here is what I believe I will need:
Honeycomb pattern tow hook covers
Upper honeycomb grille
Lower radiator honeycomb grille
Front lower valance
Front silver trim moulding
Lower front bumper absorber? (This may be just for 2016 or Japanese built RAV4’s)
yup you need all that ..i dont have parts numbers yet its kind of expensive and i cant find capa or aftermarket pieces yet ;/

.. ill call around

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great thanks! I’m also not sure if Canada parts will interchange with Japan parts because of again different tab locations and fitment. Aftermarket pieces may be a challenge as well due to fitment. Probably best to go all OEM.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2016 SE and 2018 Limited, SE is definitely more aggressive looking with much lowered front end and different grille inserts. However it's also more prone for damage when you hit a deep dip or sometimes when the parking block is a bit higher. I had to replace the lower plastic piece when I just got the car awhile ago because I didn't know it was that low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts