Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a lot of helpful information on this forum regarding the comfort (or lack of) in the driver's seat. Being 6'-4" tall, I struggle to find a comfortable position in my 2010 Limited leather seat. I think the main issue is the slippery leather surface...I need more traction or texture to avoid sliding around! A few years ago, before I bought my Limited, I rented a 2010 Rav4 base model with cloth that I loved, so I know they are comfy. I think the simplest solution is to replace the leather seat with a cloth seat (with electric adjust) from a salvage yard. Sure it is a downgrade of sorts and I will lose the heated seat function, but I think I can survive. According to the salvage yard databases I searched, the 2010 model seat options are divided into two groups: manuf. thru 1/10 (January 2010) and after 2/10 (February 2010). The sticker on my driver's door indicates 8/10 manufacture date. Is that my only criteria that I need to be concerned about? Is it safe to assume that the power seat wire harness connection is the same between the two seats? Does it have to be from a 2010, or is there cross-matching between model years? Any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have not been into the RAV4 seats, other than to put cloth seat covers over the leather seats. That worked for us, using custom covers that fit well and accommodate the seat air bags. But after swapping seats on a couple other cars, I'd guess that seats from other RAV4 will fit if you take the seat off the base and bolt to your power base. Pull your seat off and take measurements. Bonus is if it fits like I guess, you can shop for a non-power seat and save some money.
Or covers might be all you need. We got suede cloth covers from seatcovers.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts