Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RAV4 Sport that I bought used so I don't have any documentation or codes. A TV fell on my radio and now I can't press the power or setup knobs (they still turn). I searched other threads on this forum and it appears I need a new radio. I found an OEM replacement radio on eBay for $50 shipped but the description mentioned a code/programming. When I googled it, I read that some Toyotas have theft prevention so replacing the radio or battery requires a code? I'm reading mixed things about how to replace the radio on a RAV4. Is there anything else I'll need?

I really like the OEM radio, it was one of my favorite things about my RAV4. I don't want an aftermarket radio.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
There is no code required for a Toyota head unit. Those security codes are a Honda thing. The replacement should be plug and play.

Oh, and how in the world did a TV fall on your radio???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! My RAV4 is the nicest car I've ever owned so I was really upset when the radio broke - I'm glad it might be an easy and cheap fix. I was carrying a small TV in the passenger seat and it fell forward and hit the radio. The TV is fine - it only weighs around 10 lb and didn't hit that hard so I'm surprised that a tap like that would destroy my radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts