Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The carpet in my Rav has seen better days since I've trashed it up pretty good over the years. In the driver's foot area it is pretty bad, and no amount of shampoo will take out the dirt and rust stains. I spilled paint on the rear seat carpet years ago and tried to cover it with upholstery spray paint but it looks like crap. The cargo area is fine, as I have a cargo mat and a Husky liner over that carpet.

It looks like crap but the rest of the interior is in good shape for the age and mileage of the vehicle. I'll probably get some Husky liners to replace the floor mats, but those will barely cover up the crappy carpet.

I want to replace it, but I think it is an expensive proposition. I can either get new carpet from the dealer (if they even still sell it anymore) or try to find carpet in good shape at a junkyard. Anyone have other ideas?

The seat covers are going the way of the carpet but not as bad. I will probably replace them eventually too.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
If you are patient and phone around the junk yards until you find the interior you need you'll end up spending more time but save alot of cash.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I have replaced carpet on two vehicles years ago. You might get lucky with a bone yard, but I opted for a new carpet from an aftermarket vendor. I decided to replace all of it at once since matching colors on different production runs or manufacturers is difficult.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What was the aftermarket vendor that you purchased from? I spilled more than 8 quarts of dirty oil and transmission fluid after the container I put it in broke when rounding a turn! Any help will be appreciated. Crash

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ebay had a nice full set a few weeks ago, see if it is still available! As for oil on carpets, fugetaboutit, throwing it away will be the decision ever, nothing can clean that mess up, believe me, I have tried that on a Mercedes I once owned after I spilled some jet ski engine oil, needless to say, I sold the car WITHOUT said carpet :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts