Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my wife got rear ended in her 2007 Rav4 V6 limited yesterday. Rear bumper is damaged, spare tire was forced into the door and shattered the rear glass into the vehicle. Car has almost 180k miles and next month is the last payment of the loan. Monday we are dropping it off for the estimate but I wanted to see if we get a bad surprised is it possible to get a back door and bumper off of any 4.3 gen? She has the JBL sub but I think I can swap the panels if the doors match.
There is a front end damaged RAV4 Sport same color but they want $1200 for the back door and they say it’s only 2009-2012 compatible.
Just trying to figure out what our options are if the insurance totals the car. Still drives great...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
That is correct about both the front and rear bumper are only compatible with the 2009-2012 models. So you need to find parts from 2006 to 2008 vehicle.

It does not matter about the sub. I have a 2009 Sport without the JBL system but there is a cut out in the metal to fit a sub woofer. Mind you can swap the rear panel from your old vehicle so you have the speaker grill and hole.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is correct about both the front and rear bumper are only compatible with the 2009-2012 models. So you need to find parts from 2006 to 2008 vehicle.

It does not matter about the sub. I have a 2009 Sport without the JBL system but there is a cut out in the metal to fit a sub woofer. Mind you can swap the rear panel from your old vehicle so you have the speaker grill and hole.
That’s what I figured for the bumpers but I’m guessing then the door is similar and won’t work.
I was thinking about switching the panel if I cannot find a limited door.

Let’s see what the estimate and insurance says today.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just be careful... I worked at a Toyota dealers body shop for over a decade and worked on at least a couple hundred RAV4 over those years. Those hide tons of structural damage to the rear body and floor area. If it's hit that hard... It's possible it may be totaled. Totaled is just math. Cost to repair vs value. Sometimes includes it's value to a salvage yard AKA salvage value.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here is the damage. I didn’t get time to take a picture from underneath the bumper.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks fixable from the picture, but if she got hit from behind, wouldn't the person that hit it be responsible?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were responsible but only for the value of the car, a little over $6k. Mostly pissed because this was our last loan payment. The wife found a 2012 highlander to replace. Back in a loan we go.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Those old fords will do some damage. I heard about a guy who drove home drunk and drove his into a telephone pole. It hit that pole dead nuts on the frame rail and took the post off at the ground. He drove it home and nobody knew who did it.
I'm sure his frame was skewed, but he drove it for another 3-4 years before selling it.

I have a 1991 f250 and love it. Great trucks. The new ones are a different story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts