Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I would like to know are the relays for the rav a toyota specific part or are there aftermarket ones available that fit with the right specifications ?
Another question has anyone had problems with the lamp failure unit at the rear of the vehicle....awhile ago my brake lights stopped working ...I checked all the normal causes & couldn't find the problem, eventually i traced it back to the lamp failure unit , inside the unit some of the circut board was damaged .. i patched it up & have the brake lights working again , however the warning light on the dash is on all the time saying i have a failed bulb .. i am wondering whether to replace the unit or try and remove it all together seeing as it caused the brake lights to stop in the first place .. any suggestions .
thanks
for your input in advance
Austin

·
Registered
609 Posts
To get the right relay that just plugs in then Toyota is the best answer, but others may fit.
I know my 99 Rav4 has at least 3 different types of relays that don't interchange.

I had a Camry with a bulb failure warning light but my US model Rav4 does not have such a system.
The one I had also checked the tail lights, do you have any other lights out?

·
Registered
199 Posts
you probably already solved but sometimes if you disconnect your battery and fit it off again those warning lights go away... i had a car that the oxygen sensor failed and even after I fixed it the light was aways there... then I did the battery thing and it was all good, never again

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
I usually get relays at salvage yards, I usually can get all the relays and fuses off a car for $10 or less. If I'm buying other things they often just let me have them for free. I keep a static free bag with a couple of each size/amperage in my glove box for emergencies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts