Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new antenna from Canadian Tire. How easy are these things to change?
Any instructions I should follow..is it a screw off, screw on type deal.
I am sitting at work so I havnt had the chance to look at it yet.
Thanks for your help. :shock:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
noob!

it's really easy... take a look at it and you'll see how it's just easy as unscrewing something... =D

can u take some pics of that canadian tire antenna? i've been looking for another antenna but i wanna like it as well...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can post pics for sure. I will post tommrow. The antenna cost $18 CDN. looks exactly the same but shorter, I think it will look a lot better. I am thinking of buying 20 or so and selling them on ebay.
I dont think Canadian Tire will ship to the states so I can buy them and sell them to anyone on the RAVworld for no extra cost, just cover base price and shipping.

I also just boght this. http://www.alpena.ca/images/exterior/exhaust tips/150903.jpg

It was one of the only "no drilling required" ones I could find. I made sure they will give me a refund if I dont like it.

Cheers.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Canadian Tire Antenna

I posted a photo of the Canadian Tire 15" antenna in my personal Gallery. It's short, sturdy and it works. It looks very similar to the stock construction, just shorter. I added a 1/8" thick black rubber rubber washer on the bottom to fill in the gap where it mounts.

Basically this is a universal antenna. It comes with 4 different threaded sleves, one fits the Toyota's perfectly.

Avalable only in Canada, eh... Pity.

Canadian Tire won't ship to the USA, so get someone in Canada to send you one.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool Exhaust Tip

Let me know how that cool looking exhaust tip fits. I need to find a replacement for my rusting Pilot tip.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Parkway, you gotta move back.............when you start quoting tea commercials........it's time......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tea

It's been a while. I left Toronto in 1984, and have lived all over the US since then, on both coasts and many places inbetween. High tech jobs will do that to you.

I miss Canadian Tire stores, real beer, real french fries with vinegar, and Montreal Smoked Meat on Rye.

US auto stores are plenty, but they are always much smaller in size, so you end up going to 2 or 3 of them, when one trip to Canadian Tire is all you really need.

My dad send me the antenna from Ontario. It's going to snow here this weekend up here in the mountains of North Carolina, so I'm getting the studded snow tires ready. The climate here is identical to Ontario.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts