Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can figure out how to replace my burnt brake light (driver side). Is there any screws to loosen? How do I get access to the bulb on the inside of the light?

Thanks
Rocket

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
yes ther are a couple of screws holding the housing one you remove the screws its a piece of cake replacing your bulb I hope this helps I think 2 screws hold light housing in place and one screw holds the metal tap that cover the screws

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just to expand on what Franco said.......
Open the back door, under the taillite you'll see a small strap with one Philips (I think) screw holding it. Remove the screw and remove the strap. At the base of the taillite you'll find two screws, remove them and remove the taillite by the bottom first. The top is just locked in, pull it out. Replace the bulb and replace the taillite in reverse order.......
The bulbs aren't replaced in the 4.1 from inside the vehicle, as it is with many other makes...... :roll: BUT.......they are replaced from the inside in the 4.2..........go figure.....
Any problems, give us another post...... 8) ......been a while since I did this........ :?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...

Thanks guys... sounds simple. I'll give it a try...

Rocket

·
Registered
779 Posts
I hated doing this job. Getting to that Philips screw on the hinge side was a fiddly one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Help on 99 RAV4 Brake Light Replacement -- Thanks!

The detailed instructions here (by Bluenoser) allowed me to replace my brake lights in about 5 minutes. I really couldn't figure this out on my own or from other websites. Everything else I found on the web was for models later than my 99 RAV4. Thank you so much!

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts