Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got out of my car yesterday and found my brake lights were still on. I checked under the drivers seat and found broken plastic beneath the brake pad. I did a google search and found I need to put in a rubber piece in place of the broken one. I can't figure out how. I can't see very well under there. Is there a video or manual describing how to do this? Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
609 Posts

Looks about like this, depending on the options you may have.
Take out the old one and install the new part.

You tube videos are always changing so a new search works best.
If you want to do much repair work, then get the Toyota service manuals for your Rav4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks roundabout! I got under there this morning and I can see where the piece broke off. I took the pieces to an auto store and they sole me a compatible replacement. The switch costs $40 I think he said so I'll try the plastic piece first. I have to get in upside down with a light to see. When I push the brake pedal I can put the plastic in,hopefully. I will do that after lunch. To replace the switch I think I may have to take a bunch stuff off to get to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I fixed it but it was a pain by myself. I had to wedge myself into the door then press the brake pad in to get enough space for the plastic to go in. When I released the pad it secured it but not all the way. The brake lights are off now but I still didn't get the piece completely in to where it snapped. It's not falling off so i will finish it later when my back stops hurting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts