Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some kind person has removed my wing/door mirror completely from my Rav. I have ordered a new one from a dealership but I am considering fitting it myself! Is it hard to do? What do I need to do? Any help would be much appreciated :?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Did the thief break into your car to do this? The reason I ask is because you need to remove some nuts from inside the door post. This should be a very simple remove and install process. Just remove the black plastic covering from the inside of the door (triangular piece). You will see some nuts or screws holding the mirror in place. If you have power mirrors, just unplug the connectors. Then remove the mirror. Installation is just the opposite of removal. Good luck :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smashed it off

Derek
The mirror was smashed off! I have just a piece of metal rod sticking up from the base. I have removed the black panel and seen the nuts you mentioned, do I need to remove the interior door panel to get to the wire connectors for power?
Part arriving from dealership on wednesday - dont want them to do it If i can?
Many thanks for your help :wink:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi educator

Are you a teacher? So am I. :D Anyways, I can't really remember if the mirror connectors is located inside the door panels; it's been awhile since I've had my door panels off. I would say that they most likely are, there is more room in there. But don't worry, getting the door panels off is very easy. If you need help, just let me know.

I thought someone stole your door mirrors, didn't think it was vandalized. :? Once you undo the connectors and remove the bolts/nuts; it will be a snap to replace. :D Good luck.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many Thanks

Hi Derek

Yes I am a teacher.

I am picking up my new wing mirror from the dealership on Thursday, so all being well I will sort it. If not then you will know when you get a desperate mail from me, panicing.

Thanks again for all your help

:D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All Done

Derek

Just to let you know it was just a case of removing door panel and unscrewing old mirror (15 minutes in all).

Thanks for all you help

In case it ever happens to anyone and they search the forum the details are as follows:
New mirror unit £97 + VAT
Painted cover £21.77 + VAT (yes over £20 for a bit of blue plastic!)
I got the information on how to remove door cover in PDF format from MUTH Mirror Systems

:wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

A similar thing has happened to me....some kind fellow has smashed off my wind mirror. It's hanging by the electric cable. The glass is smashed but the wing mirror casing is fine. The bit that's broken is the plastic that attaches the wing mirror to the door. Does anyone know if this can be replaced as it is? Help!!! I'm female so it seems to be each time I visit a garage they see me coming a mile off and automatically put on ££££!! Thanks in advance!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts