Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all first post here. We just bought a 2010 v6limited for my wife. I'm wondering about the HU. I see an OEM HU with Nav on Amazon around $300. Ours is without Nav. Has a back up camera in the rear view. I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding the work involved to switch to the nav HU? We have BT for phone as well. Is it PnP? Or?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would check crutchfield.com and click on What Fit my Car, then go from there. Plenty of choices really. Depends on your budget of course. They will come with everything for an easdy PNP install. Even tech sheet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did a Jensen VX7020 in mine
There is a thread on here somewhere about moving the rear camera from the mirror to the back of the headunit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you have any pictures?
The headunit installed?
yeah

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-4-3-interior/214345-double-din.html#post2005473

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-4-3-interior/200770-replacing-stereo-adding-backup-camera-08-base-model-2.html#post1985513

This is my parts list
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-4-3-interior/192409-upgrading-radio-head-unit.html#post1843242

There are radio, nav, usb, rear camera, settings, and other screens.
I customized the wallpaper with a toyota logo
any specific view or screen you want to see, I might be persuaded to do requests.

·
Registered
82 Posts
LIKING MY DOUBLE-DIN HEAD UNIT UPGRADE LIKE A BOSS:

Upgraded my double-din factory (non-JBL) head unit 2010 Rav4 4.3 Sport SAP with this thing from Amazon.

Pioneer AVHX5700BHS Double-DIN DVD Receiver with 7-Inch Motorized Display, Bluetooth, Siri Eyes Free, SiriusXM-Ready, HD Radio, Android Music Support, Pandora, and Dual Camera Inputs

Robot Check

About $300, plus you need an XM satellite radio adapter: $30 and of course the $23/month subscription to get Stern...

Robot Check

Steering Wheel control interface $40

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4PJC9K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Video in motion bypass $18

Amazon.com : MicroBypass ALL AVH-X Video In Motion Interface for Select Pioneer Receivers : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Electronics

Installation adapter: $25

Robot Check

The prices add up, but I think it was totally worth it. Took about 6 hours for me to figure the whole install out, and then another 3-4 hours to fix compatability issues with the front and rear cameras i wanted to connect. There is a thread on Rav4world that tells you how to tap into your rear camera without re-running new lines. For some reason the front and rear cams are black and white on the Pioneer Head Unit, I think it's the Pioneer, not the cameras, bc my rear view mirror cam still works after I tapped into the same wires and it is color while the head unit is black and white.

The Pioneer has issues with some Android phones, the mirrorlink is spotty for connection, but many people say is fine with Iphone, so I may or may not get the $300 navigation system added to it. Wtf though, I got the Pioneer so I could mirror google maps from my phone, but it will work great for days and then not work sometimes with my HTC626. Android phones must be hardwired from the USB output in the back of the Pioneer, the blutooth works for music from the phone great, but AppRadio1 does not work at all with my android HTC. Blutooth mic works great, and features are great, but there is no way to record the front or rear camera video as far as I can tell even though the Pioneer description says there is a place for an SD card. I pretty sure there is absoultely no way to record the video.

DVD player is good, but will not play Blu-ray, it seems to play videos from USB, but mostly just divx, xvid, avi, dvd, and mkv formats. I haven't been able to get it to play an mp4 file. Mp3, AAC, wav and wma audio files all work. jpeg photo files work. external flash drives work with the USB cord.

Take my advice and drink a beer before installing this mofo, it was a little frustrating because my cat kept popping into the car and giving me the stink eye.

I think I posted before and after pics of the installation on some other thread here, but I've deleted them off my phone. Oopsie.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can anyone confirm if I need a 6.2 or 7 inch unit?

EDIT: Just realised the units are the same size, just screen size/buttons are different

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pioneer avh-x5700bhs

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Siriusxm, USB connection, DVD player, MP3, rear and front cam inputs, mirroring cell phone, upgradable to navigation for +$300

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good!

Is that a direct exchange with the original unit (with proper wiring adaptors) or did you need to buy an adaptor/facia plate or something similar?

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you click on the links in his post. It will show you what he purchased to install the radio. Click on "Robot check" and you will see the kit.
That kit look cleaner then my scosche kit. Flushed. Only draw back is the color does not match. Not that it matter much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts