Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found on Philips' web site a way to enter in your year, make and model of vehicle, then it gives you a chart of what goes where, and the light model number. It also give a link or 2 for buying them.

Here's the confusing part: I have my RAV4 defined in Amazon so it finds parts that fit. So when I follow a link from Philips' web site to buy an LED bulb, Amazon tells me that it's not made for my RAV4. Why not?? I am assuming I go by the numbers that are on Philips' web site, and not what Amazon tells me, correct? I just figured I ask here first just in case... :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have ran into this problem before. Usually, whomever lists the bulb, be it the company or person can also list the cars that it fits for and there are so many makes and models of vehicles that they list only so many. I would also check out sylvania.com and they have a bulb listing and fitment for every car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I found on Philips' web site a way to enter in your year, make and model of vehicle, then it gives you a chart of what goes where, and the light model number. It also give a link or 2 for buying them.

Here's the confusing part: I have my RAV4 defined in Amazon so it finds parts that fit. So when I follow a link from Philips' web site to buy an LED bulb, Amazon tells me that it's not made for my RAV4. Why not?? I am assuming I go by the numbers that are on Philips' web site, and not what Amazon tells me, correct? I just figured I ask here first just in case...
Here's a partial list. I was only interested in the interior lights. Top line for 2015. I'll get a better pic the next time I'm at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Rav4 XLE and 2020 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
57 Posts
Not sure if its a fluke or just my 2017 XLE but I replaced all interior light bulbs with Philips LEDs and everything was fine.

A few days later I got around to replacing the 7440 bulb with a Philips 7440 LED rear brake light bulb. Lights worked fine and then took the car for a drive later that evening. Apparently the 7440 replacement made the ABS, Lane assist and collision system to go haywire with the malfunction lights going off. Re-installed OEM bulbs the same night and drove to work this morning, the malfunction lights turned off shortly after I drove the car.

I thought it was strange that the bulbs affected those systems. Still clueless as to why the lights went off but the swapping of 7440 bulb was the only thing done different to the car. Otherwise it was driving perfectly fine prior to the swap. I guess I can't touch the 7440 bulbs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The bulbs referenced: https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1164567/00603

·
Registered
232 Posts
The Amazon tool is not always calibrated/updated so I don't trust it.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts