Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 2009 rav4 limited v6 4wd with 2 rows. I wanted to replace my rear shocks with the 3rd row springs. After reading the forum, it seems like the only difference between the 3rd row and non 3rd row are the springs. The shocks are the same I believe.

I was planning on purchasing the OEM parts from https://parts.olathetoyota.com/2009toyotaRAV4parts.html which seem to be a reliable source with good prices.

My question is whether there is anything else I need to purchase to make the transition besides the new springs and replacement shocks? Or is it as simple as just replacing those parts and everything will remain the same like alignment and stuff.

Also are the front struts between with and without 3rd the same or would I have to replace those to.

Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i have a 2009 rav4 limited v6 4wd with 2 rows. I wanted to replace my rear shocks with the 3rd row springs. After reading the forum, it seems like the only difference between the 3rd row and non 3rd row are the springs. The shocks are the same I believe.

I was planning on purchasing the OEM parts from https://parts.olathetoyota.com/2009toyotaRAV4parts.html which seem to be a reliable source with good prices.

My question is whether there is anything else I need to purchase to make the transition besides the new springs and replacement shocks? Or is it as simple as just replacing those parts and everything will remain the same like alignment and stuff.

Also are the front struts between with and without 3rd the same or would I have to replace those to.

Thank you in advance for your help!
what is the reason for swapping the springs?...if you are looking for more hauling capacity there are much better options...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
air bags are a better option, because you can adjust them, and because they are cheaper! I run mine at 10psi on daily driving, 20 when towing (boat or trailer) and 30 when hauling the camping trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts