Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Well Paul I do hafta agree with him that some kids do end up with a Ghetto look. Goes good with the trash can mufflers.
But I am starting to wonder where the Dim in the username comes from.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
That's why I can't stand Hondas. Any of them.Their drivers start as HS teens with Civics and then they "move up" to Accord ?
Ooops, do I need to change my signature??? I'm on my sixth Accord. First one was a '78 but I was in my mid-30s with two small kids. And, oh yes I did have two Civics when my daughter was in college, but they were four door wagons with Realtime 4WD that I'm sure no HS kid would get caught dead driving to school.
It's been a long time, maybe never, since I cared what folks thought of my rides - as long as they have sharp lookin' headlights that is!

Reactions: SoNic67

·
Registered
444 Posts
I did have two Civics when my daughter was in college
But did you had them "stanced-and-dragging"? :ROFLMAO:
You are redeemed by those three F250's though!

I have to mention that I equally hate BMW drivers too... from when I was living Europe. Same reasons :p.

PS: I am joking of course about "all" of the drivers, but you have to agree that there is worth a special mention for some Civic and BMW drivers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you say you were from Mars? I believe it. This is one of the most absurd generalizations I heard in a long time. Getting difficult to believe anything you're spouting. I was interested at first, but it seems you're getting more and more out into left field.

Have a good day.
Same as I believe your LED in reflector headlight not blind oncoming traffic.
Few days ago Mitsubishi Outlander approx 2012-2014 blinded me in day time! Can imagine only what are hell he doing in dark time. If he blind me in night time I would happy to adjust his light with a hammer ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
So one car blinded you, might have been an LED issue, might have just been out of alignment. ALL LEDs in reflectors MUST be blinding oncoming all drivers, according to you!

Have a good day.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So one car blinded you, might have been an LED issue, might have just been out of alignment. ALL LEDs in reflectors MUST be blinding oncoming all drivers, according to you!

Have a good day.
99% yes! Because LEDs can't repeat halogen bulb focusing light
Got my night breakers, will check result tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hundreds of thousands who've swapped over to LED are proving you wrong. Sorry.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pos
Hundreds of thousands who've swapped over to LED are proving you wrong. Sorry.

Have a good day.
Please post few examples here to confirm adequate beam pattern
Your hundreds of thousands just know led is bright, they have no enough IQ to understand about light beam pattern, focusing, oncoming traffic etc. They like first nation in America when European sailors open new continent and buy gold for cheap mirrors and other shiny stones. Because they was bright and shine! In few centuries now nothing changed, only sailors replaced by Chinese manufacturers of LED bulbs ?
Have a good day and stop promote this bulbs without DOT certification

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not all LED are created equal. Here you go, a pattern:

Before you ask, the bulbs were making the same fuzziness above, the lenses are 10 yrs old and have the micro-cracks in the plastic.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Pos

Please post few examples here to confirm adequate beam pattern
Your hundreds of thousands just know led is bright, they have no enough IQ to understand about light beam pattern, focusing, oncoming traffic etc. They like first nation in America when European sailors open new continent and buy gold for cheap mirrors and other shiny stones. Because they was bright and shine! In few centuries now nothing changed, only sailors replaced by Chinese manufacturers of LED bulbs ?
Have a good day and stop promote this bulbs without DOT certification
So only you have the IQ to correctly judge that the hundreds of thousands of cars that have been converted over to LED are throwing the correct pattern. OK! Well I guess that "they" all must just be looking at "shiny stones".

Yup, police are having a field day pulling over drivers with bad LED headlight conversions. NOT! Police in general have credited LED lighting with fewer night time accidents, due to better visibility for both the driver and oncoming cars. The ones that are being pulled over are the cars driving around with aged, fogged out lens, which probably account for 90% of headlight blinding issues. A headlight lens fogged less then 10% will create a high beam affect to oncoming traffic. The more fogged, the worse it gets blinding oncoming cars.

Also, where I live, you have to get your car repaired within 30 day after an accident, if it affect any lighting. You will get pulled over and have to go thru car inspection for road worthiness and pass, other wise you'll lose your registration. Headlight pattern is part of the inspection. I've spent over half my life working in garages and have dealt with this issue pretty extensively.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Let's just face it folks, Dim's mind is made up and no evidence or experience will change two basic facts:
1. ALL halogens are superior to ANY LEDs.
2. ALL LEDs blind other drivers.
End of discussion!

Meantime I'm absolutely LOVING the LEDs on my F-250 and you couldn't pay me to go back to halogens.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let's just face it folks, Dim's mind is made up and no evidence or experience will change two basic facts:
1. ALL halogens are superior to ANY LEDs.
2. ALL LEDs blind other drivers.
End of discussion!

Meantime I'm absolutely LOVING the LEDs on my F-250 and you couldn't pay me to go back to halogens.
No-no. OEM made LED and install that bulb in specific built headlight are great. Some of them actually blind other drivers more than halogens, like Civic or previous gen Corolla. But they tested and certified so no problem. I'm talking about "made in basement by 8 years old kids in China" $10 LED which you guys buying here for $200.
Here new video about Philips Ultinon Essential LED
Good cut off, slight brighter than Night Breaker +150%, only 17w power consuption, lower than chinese no-name led with 25+w and lifespan couple month, so this Philips maybe can works for one year or even more. $70 cad but it's brand name LED, plug and play, no require modification. Also they over 6000k color temperature, you will see nothing on wet road.

·
Registered
99 Posts
And here my report how I go from something non adequate
99.jpg
To this one
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
Left side fog bulb still old, winter don't want go, snow and -20C not best weather for work outside

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice cut off, nice color temperature, nice light spread, not dark spots like in LED, excellent price
Not understand what happened with left lamp high beam on picture but in second shots closer to garage door beam pattern good.
10.jpg 88.jpg 12.jpg

Right headlight assembly I found at local shop. Probably it's sit there for a while without bulbs and some dust go inside on reflector. Tried take plastic cover off and clean but looks like I would just brake clips so left headlamp non touched.
Anyway gave them polish with Mothers Aluminum paste, Meguair Ultimate compound and Meguair PlastX. Probably need go with 2000-3000-5000 sandpaper one more time.
But overall happy with result.
Before I saw not much difference driving with headlights on streets with street-light. Now headlight give much more light on road

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice cut off, nice color temperature, nice light spread, not dark spots like in LED, excellent price <a href="BiurorachunkowePoltaxTorun - Google Search"><strong>Biuro rachunkowe Toruń</strong></a>
Not understand what happened with left lamp high beam on picture but in second shots closer to garage door beam pattern good.
View attachment 151096 View attachment 151099 View attachment 151098

Right headlight assembly I found at local shop. Probably it's sit there for a while without bulbs and some dust go inside on reflector. Tried take plastic cover off and clean but looks like I would just brake clips so left headlamp non touched.
Anyway gave them polish with Mothers Aluminum paste, Meguair Ultimate compound and Meguair PlastX. Probably need go with 2000-3000-5000 sandpaper one more time.
But overall happy with result.
Before I saw not much difference driving with headlights on streets with street-light. Now headlight give much more light on road
what kind of voltage?

41 - 60 of 65 Posts