Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Let us know how they function during rain season, at night, on black top road. All those white light may look good and bright on snow and dry road. But once rain hit the black top road, all those white lights seem to disappear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let us know how they function during rain season, at night, on black top road. All those white light may look good and bright on snow and dry road. But once rain hit the black top road, all those white lights seem to disappear.
Try search video comparison on Youtube. Pretty sure they have dozen videos about Phillips vs Nightbreaker vs stock bulbs
All this white bulbs are worse during rain I believe. Because of color temperature, for increase visibility in rain you probably need yellow fog bulbs
In night and black road should be much better. We have pretty long days during summertime here in Canada and I don't even remember when last time use low beam headlight. Waiting for next winter to see.
I had similar bulbs on Civic and CR-V when I worked on previous job with night shift and improvment was huge.

·
Registered
444 Posts
and I don't even remember when last time use low beam headlight.
I had to read that twice. First I thought you meant that you use only high beams.
Then I did a quick search that landed me here: Sun & moon times today, Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada
"Day length today: 24 hours (Jun 10, 2020)"
Hopefully you don't live there, but... it's strange nonetheless for people that grew up in lower latitudes.
Montreal is a bit more normal:
"Day length today: 15h 37m 9s (Jun 10, 2020)"

For me the daylight it's a whole hour shorter:
Day length today: 14h 39m 35s (Jun 10, 2020)

·
Registered
99 Posts
SoNic67 This generation of Rav4 don't have fancy LED day-running-lights so here in Canada automatically on low voltage high beam lights for DRL. But for visibility in night time require full voltage low/high beam
I live in Edmonton so here day light at 5 am and darkening around 10-11 pm
But here not as bad as in Denmark (Scandinavia) where in winter still dark at 9am and already dark at 3.30pm ))

Yesterday I need move my Rav4 around midnight from street because storm, rain and tree can fell on car so visibility in night during rain was really good. This bulbs have color temperature around 3800k I believe so they perform very well in rain compare to HID/LED 6000k

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have replaced just the normal beam bulbs with LED. The high beam are still halogens because of reduced voltage DRL. Since I live in US, I could disable (teachstream) DRL, legally is not mandated... and then replace that with LED's too.
But for now I didn't feel the need of brighter high beams.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts