Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Crazy thing is I just purchase a TRD with 28 test drive miles, Amp is DOA right off the dealer lot. Toyota is replacing the amp, hopefully that resolves the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats really my worry, if this is software in the headunit, pre-amp, we're screwed. No amp or speaker upgrade could fix that.
You were head on, when talking about the source. It’s like a sour note. In my experience with sound, I’ve always had to start at the source when creating or even rebuilding an audio enclosure. You should probably look into starting with the new head unit

·
Registered
2020 TRD Off Road
5 Posts
Sounds great to me ! It’s like the system sounds amazing then goes very weak after 4-5 seconds if that makes sense. I usually have my volume around 48. And I have tried all sources and even uncompressed wav files on a usb stick, with the same results for all.
Man I'm glad it's not just me. I'm noticing the same thing with mine. Has anyone ever figured out if it was the fault of the amplifier or the head unit? Any way I can get rid of this without putting a new head unit in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man I keep trolling the forums looking for a solution to this "premium" jbl system. I hate it. Sounds food for about 5 seconds then it sounds no better than a non premium system. I want to keep my vehicle factory looking. I dont mind replacing speakers but I want to keep steering wheel controls and all the interface that comes with the stock head unit. I am praying there is a fix that is discovered

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is everyone listening through usb? I’m not positive but I’ve heard that Bluetooth compresses audio data. I haven’t done an A/B test though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I have a rav4 2020 hybrid with the jbl sound system and i am having the same sound issue with the bass dropping after 3-4 seconds and i talked to a professional and he recommended me installing a seperate subwoofer with separate amplifier
Yesterday he was working on my car installing the rockford punch 3 subwoofer and after installing the subwoofer the bass only hit for 2-3 notes and it’ll sound so low that it’s inaudible. He tried different ways to try and make it work but it wouldn’t.
So eventually he had to take wiring and the sub out and i had to pay for the labour
He thinks that it could be that all of us could have faulty amplifier.
Did any of you got the solution?
I have heard about the pac audio that restores the sound notes but I don’t know if it works and I don’t want to spend money and not work again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I have a rav4 2020 hybrid with the jbl sound system and i am having the same sound issue with the bass dropping after 3-4 seconds and i talked to a professional and he recommended me installing a seperate subwoofer with separate amplifier
Yesterday he was working on my car installing the rockford punch 3 subwoofer and after installing the subwoofer the bass only hit for 2-3 notes and it’ll sound so low that it’s inaudible. He tried different ways to try and make it work but it wouldn’t.
So eventually he had to take wiring and the sub out and i had to pay for the labour
He thinks that it could be that all of us could have faulty amplifier.
Did any of you got the solution?
I have heard about the pac audio that restores the sound notes but I don’t know if it works and I don’t want to spend money and not work again
I talked to a shop and they told me I would have to install a whole new system head unit to speakers. We also looked at the wiring and it is all hella light for what the system is or should be. He did say that I may be able to get away with just amp to sub but it wouldn't sound as good as I was looking for. So when you tried installing the amp to speaker you are saying there was no improvement and still had the exact same issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I talked to a shop and they told me I would have to install a whole new system head unit to speakers. We also looked at the wiring and it is all hella light for what the system is or should be. He did say that I may be able to get away with just amp to sub but it wouldn't sound as good as I was looking for. So when you tried installing the amp to speaker you are saying there was no improvement and still had the exact same issue?
yeah, he installed rockford 500 watts amp and hooked it to the battery in the boot. After everything was installed, the sub will not even play for couple seconds and that’s how it got worse than earlier too. Normally the jbl sub will play good for 4-5 seconds but after the new amplifier and subwoofer, it just played for 1-2 seconds. He said that it’s just like the car can sense what’s going around in the car. At first the car battery was lacking as the power in the battery would drop almost to dead and somehow they attached another battery and still after there was power, the sub will not play. He said at this point the only option he thinks was installing a sperate radio just for the sound and hook the speakers and sub from that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah, he installed rockford 500 watts amp and hooked it to the battery in the boot. After everything was installed, the sub will not even play for couple seconds and that’s how it got worse than earlier too. Normally the jbl sub will play good for 4-5 seconds but after the new amplifier and subwoofer, it just played for 1-2 seconds. He said that it’s just like the car can sense what’s going around in the car. At first the car battery was lacking as the power in the battery would drop almost to dead and somehow they attached another battery and still after there was power, the sub will not play. He said at this point the only option he thinks was installing a sperate radio just for the sound and hook the speakers and sub from that.
Damn....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a 12" alpine swx using a 1200W amp tapped into the REAR speakers and I've been plenty satisfied with it after a few months of use. YMMV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Crazy thing is I just purchase a TRD with 28 test drive miles, Amp is DOA right off the dealer lot. Toyota is replacing the amp, hopefully that resolves the issue.
Did you faced the same issue with the bass lowering after 3-4 seconds after you got replaced with new amplifier?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts