Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to find a non-sensor valve stem replacement for the stem on the standard wheels on my 2007 RAV4? Thanks in advance for any reply... Jeff

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Is it possible to find a non-sensor valve stem replacement for the stem on the standard wheels on my 2007 RAV4? Thanks in advance for any reply... Jeff
I don't see any reason a pre-TPMS valve stem wouldn't fit. Of course then you'll need a piece of black tape.>:D

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The valve stem holes in the rims are the same for regular and for TPMS stems.

By law shops are not suppose to fit non TPMS on to cars with TPMS. Some shops follow this some dont.

Sometimes taking wheels off the car into the shop avoids this hassle.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
See posts 81 & 82 here

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
I measured the voltage at the pink wire with the TPMS ECU plugged in (5V as bmay says in post 81) and chose a resistor value to produce that with the ECU unplugged.

Note that other mods I've seen simply put 12V on the pink wire and apparently are getting away with it but I saw no reason to take a chance of blowing someone's ECU by recommending that on a worldwide forum.

Reactions: Blogson

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well ****. :) I know enough to be dangerous. If I determine the pink wire voltage, how do I use that to determine the right resistor?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts