Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... here's my report for my 2006 RAV4 search for the past week. All I was able to come up with PHOTO wise are the following two photos. They are reportedly from a HK Corolla Club web site. Appear to be camouflaged with 2005 parts :? But also it appears to be LARGER than the current 4.2 version :?: Who knows... maybe these are 4.2 spy photos... not 4.3 :? :lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
If someone were so inclined they could take the picture from the back and compare the size of the wheel (close to being a costant) to the tailgate. 8)

T

·
0 Posts
it really looks like a beated up 4.2... if they were to test the car they don't hide it under an older case, they will just use black tapes to cover up the shapes.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Nah, I've seen spy photos before where they used bits of the old car as camouflage. But this looks too much like a 4.2 with relatively small wheels and no body-side cladding on the doors, so it seems bigger than it is.

R

·
0 Posts
I am more than sure that these are 4.2 (2nd gen) pictures so you guys calm down.... :lol:
the guy who originaly published these is about 5 years late. We already know what the 2nd gen RAV looks like... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
682 Posts
i did notice the wheel as well but ground clearance looks the same. Also, look at the front grille, the Toyota emblem has been covered up and the muffler looks different as well...hmmm :roll:

·
Registered
771 Posts
The wheels look like 17" which will probably be an option this time as all manufacturers are going bigger these days. If they are 17's, they most likely will be a dealer item for the first 12-18 months. Be weary of the new size people.

The muffler area looks different maybe that isn't a muffler. It could be the floor depresion for an internal space saver spare.

Who knows. I guess we'll find out real soon and here will probably be the first place most of us will see it.

I get a new vehicle in 4 years so I may be buying the "new" Rav that is 3 or 4 years old by then.

Keep hunting people! M.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Don't think it should have a space saver spare as there's a spare on the rear door. Hope the 4.3 keeps the door mounted spare...old school character.

R

·
0 Posts
YES.... YES... YES... .YES...
IF THE REAR TIRE MOUNT disappears, I will have a same day, I had in 1992 for the Toyota 4Runner when the rear mount disappeared.
I hate that "wagon" look withOUT the tire in the back...

V

·
0 Posts
FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!

.....If indeed, these were 4.2 spy pics, then wouldn't the camouflaged vehicle have a 2001-03 grille rather than an '05 model grille??? .......Just thinking out loud :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts