Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr. Dyno has reported a post.

Reason:
Are we able to remove the new member photos/links restrictions for legit members such as this one?
Forum: Member Introductions
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Sebastian24
Original Content:
Hey guys,
My name is Sebastian and I just got a (new to me) 1998 RAV4 AWD Automatic. I received this car through my boss, who was going to take it to a junk yard. Being that I like to thinker with cars I decided I might just try and save the thing. Body wise, aside for peeling clear-coat on the hood and the roof the car has no rust, dings, or dents. It is a high mileage car (262k) but so far I changed the coils, coil wires, and spark plugs and now she drives down the road. There are some issues with it, such as a torn CV boot on the driver side axle, shocks which seem to be blown or at least on their way out, tires are pretty much done, and a noise coming from the rear which I can only speculate that it might be the differential or a wheel bearing. With that being said, I will slowly but surely work on it to make it a off-road toy, and drive it until she chooses not to drive anymore.
Plans are as follows:
Scour the junk yard for driver side carpet (missing), shifter surround (it's cracked), and some new fabric for the door cards as the passenger front door card fabric is stapled to the door.
The 1.4 inch lift kit (emu?)
Over sized tires (maybe get lower offset wheels or some spacers? I'm not sure where to get some proper lower offset wheels if you guys can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Maybe from a newer RAV4 or something?)
Bumper guard
Light bar or fog lights (haven't decided yet)

I did take it off-road a bit, nothing hard but very pleased with how well it did.
Here are a couple of pictures of the car. I will make a "build" thread soon so I can document all the modifications and repairs I will do.
*Currently not able to add photos, will try again after a few posts.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
No, all new members must post at least 5 times before they can add links or photos to their posts.

·
Super Moderator
11,510 Posts
No, all new members must post at least 5 times before they can add links or photos to their posts.
Shouldn't this be automatically announced to all new posters when they sign up? How else would they know?

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
I have no idea. Apparently this add-on feature is buggy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts