8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quickdtoo has reported a post.

Reason:
Forum: 4.4 Mechanical
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Mainia
Original Content:
I'm not going to get into an online lubricant fluids debate with anyone giving off serious conspiracy theorist vibes. Neither am I going to argue the intricacies of consumer warranty laws with anyone who hasn't mastered the proper use of "then" and "than".

But to put a few facts out there: WS ATF fluid has been used by Toyota for more than a decade, and there are tens of millions of Toyotas on the road with that fluid. There is no evidence whatsoever that WS fluid is causing any problems for Toyota transmissions. None.

p.s. A different fluid would not have had any effect on the outcome of an 8 mile non-stop drive up a steep hill. The cooling capacity of the transmission was exceeded and the engine was shut down by a temperature sensor in the transmission. A "better" ATF would not have cooled the transmission any better. And that's all there is to that.

I can see you are a Liberal spelling Nazi. I bow down to your superiority oh Great One! I wish I lived in the Northeast so I could come shine your shoes....if you would let me, oh Great One!!

Redline or Amsoil or any group 4 or group 4/5 could of taken the hit of high temp without worrying about having to dump the crap substandard WS ASAP. So you are telling me Toyota can't design a good transmission cooling system, just by reading your words. Shouldn't a vehicle be tested so it doesn't basically go into "limp mode" until it cools down on a simple drive up a mountain?

Why use "average" (at best) ATF when your car costs you $20,000 to $35,000. You can go ahead and run WS all you want. I saw what came out of my car with 20,000 from a women from upstate New York, hardly Southern Florida. Our Rav4 was spotless inside, zero plastic scratching that would be seen from a hockey or soccer mom loading up. I have been wrenching on cars since I was 16 years old and having a hobby Audi repair business I seen many ATF dumps. WS is just a money grab from Toyota,

Being a Fanboy is a bitch, when substandard-ness ( <----Oh NO!!-- :-o ) hits you in the face.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
Abusive posts deleted. Thread closed. Mainia is on thin ice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts