1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rdgrimes has reported a post.

Reason:
I'm not sure you want this person using your forum to bolster a lawsuit against Toyota.
Forum: 4.4 General
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: JanBond007
Original Content:
This article/story is my story (I go by JanBond - it's a long story). I had no clue just how many people, and not just Toyota owners, were affected by the move to soy based protein used in the wiring insulation and plastic parts under the hood of my Toyota Rav4. These rodents did a number on my car. I don't think I would have filed a Class Action if the Toyota dealership would've worked with me to replace the wiring harness and all the plastic parts with non-soy based product. But they wouldn't. They said soy based protein products were being used by everyone and they did not have the older petroleum based products available anymore. So basically, they repaired my vehicle and put the exact same parts in that were destroyed by rodents. So what does that mean? Well, it means the Bed & Breakfast under my hood is back and open for business. Kidding aside, I am using different products to try and keep the rodents away. Peppermint oil, moth balls crushed and rubbed on my tires every night (when the rodents are active) Fresh Cab which is a fir based product that supposedly rodents don't like (just like peppermint). I am trying everything and hoping for the best. In the meantime, there have been other Class Action suits filed around the country. I had to file in FL first (where I live) so that my class action suit will be recognized in CA where I guess most Class Action suits are handled. If you know anyone who wants to join the class action suit, let me know and I'll direct them to the correct place. It does not have to be recent or even this year that your vehicle may have been damaged by rodents, you can still join a Class Action suit. And, you do not have to be from FL - there are class action suits in other states that have been filed by the firm I am using. I'm not sure if this forum has "private messaging" but if so, that would probably be better. Admins - if I am not allowed to give people the info. on a class action lawsuit, please just let me know - I am new and not sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
I sent him this PM: "Appreciate your reporting the lawsuit thread but since it was started by our administrator JuneBug he must be okay with it."

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what rdgrimes problem is. He would be singing another tune if his RAV got chewed up by rodents.

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
I agree with James. What a silly protest from rdgrimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts