Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our new Limited V6 4WD (Pacific Blue w/ 3rd row) the other night. Very happy with it, and couldn't be happier with our deal, considering the difficulties people apparently are having trying to find what they want!

Question for anyone who might know, however. I know it IS possible to reprogram so that only the lights flash instead of making the beeping sound when unlocking or locking the doors with the remote. Also, it can be reprogrammed to automatically unlock all doors at once, as opposed to the default once=driver door , twice = all doors.

Our dealer claims that it is no longer something you can do on your own (e.g. pushing a sequence of buttons on the fob), and beginning with the 2006, it is a "hard program," due to trouble Toyota was having with people accidentally reprogramming their remote. I'm skeptical of this claim - does anyone know if this is true? And if it is not, does anyone happen to have the directions on how to do it yourself, rather than spending (wasting) more time at the dealership?

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can anyone provide more detail as to the process for the techs at the dealership to access this menu?
My dealership is not very helpful and I would like to provide as much info as possible.
TIA

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Umm, they plug their scantool into the dataport under the left side of the dash and navigate to the approapriate menu. The .pdf file I posted earlier is the list of menu options from the factory service manual. I had mine reprogrammed so there are no beeps or lights flashing at lock/unlock and one press of unlock for all doors to unlock instead of 2 presses.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mine are reprogrammed as well.

You probably will run into "you are the first one to ask" or "we have never done it before" but stick with it. Just show them page 19 of the owners manual and tell them you are following Toyota's instructions to contact them to make the change. Mine was done at no charge.

The dealer I bought the car from was like that. They wanted me to leave the RAV all day while they figured it out.

I when to another dealer and was told "no problem, bring it by and we will change it while you wait".

·
Registered
358 Posts
summerwind said:
Mine are reprogrammed as well.

You probably will run into "you are the first one to ask" or "we have never done it before" but stick with it. Just show them page 19 of the owners manual and tell them you are following Toyota's instructions to contact them to make the change. Mine was done at no charge.

The dealer I bought the car from was like that. They wanted me to leave the RAV all day while they figured it out.

I when to another dealer and was told "no problem, bring it by and we will change it while you wait".
Yup.
That's the story.
'We can't do that...it'll compromise your safety.'
'We've never done that before.'
'Sometimes the manual is for the Canadian market and their cars are different.'
Needless to say, I wasn't very happy when I went to pick it up and it wasn't done.
I'm trying to whittle down the list of excuses.
Thanks to all.
Summerwind, I just noticed you are in Seattle area.
Which dealerships did you use?
I bought in Bellevue(Not sure I'd do that again) :roll:
Thanks again.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I have an OBDII scantool. Can I change these parameters with it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sorry to bring an older thread up, hopefully more answers will be available today.

I would like to have the headlights on when I unlock the car with my key on my 2008. This way I can see around when I'm approaching it. Is this possible to do?

I ordered the Garmin Mechanic (ecoroute) as this is a OBDII bluetooth adapter, can I just connect it on a laptop and with appropriate software change certain settings? Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
The settings for the doors are on the entune 3.0 on menú then settings then car
Entune 3.0 didin't exist until the 5th gen(2019), this is the 3rd gen forum(2006-12), please pay attention to where you're reading. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts