Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are, if any, reputable aftermarket brands for replacement lamp housing parts? I see several brands and wonder if any of them has earned some reputation points among toyota/rav4 owners.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I get my bulbs off Amazon...I check for multiple good reviews...I will also check for the same brand on eBay to see if I can find a better price LOL...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,757 Posts
I've had good results from TYC parts, everything from headlight housings to side mirrors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I ordered TYC tail light housing, and received Eagle Eyes brand part instead. Would it be worth the hassle of returning it to get TYC part?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and installed the rear tail light. It was a lot more pain than I had expected - had to remove good bit of plastic trims to remove the inside rear side panel. One tip is to stuff the cavity just below the inside (i.e., toward the center of the vehicle) mounting bolts with paper towel or cloth, so that it catches the nut when it comes off the bolt - if it fall into the cavity, it's gone for good.

As for the Eagle Eyes brand part, seems a decent quality part. Apparently, it's produced by a Taiwanese manufacturer that's been around for some time. Hopefully, it will last.

Thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How's the fitment? Posting some pics would be nice. If you are planning to change your headlights also, get the original JDM HIDs from Japan though they are a bit pricey.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fitment is about the same as oem. Labeling noting the plastic type seemed to match up with that from the stock part. About the only noticeable discrepancy is that the clear plastic part has slight pinkish tinge to it, but it's one of those things that you have to look for it to notice.

Sorry for the late response - meant to take photos but didn't get around to it. Will update with photos when I have them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts