Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rear-ended a few weeks ago and would like to document the repair. Over $8000 of work was done on my 2011 Rav4. This is the hinge side of the rear door, just above the taillights. This may be a perfectly acceptable repair, but would like to have something that shows the difference (if any)

Would someone with a 3rd generation Rav4 be willing to post a picture of the same area?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
That damage is close to a totalled car. Must have major damages to the rear. Your vehicle will have lower resale value if you decide to sell it since people will see the damage history. If you keep it say 5 years or longer it may not make much difference since the value of all the cars will be cheap by then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree it was close to being totaled. I suppose I could have pressed to get a settlement, but I really like my car and was planning on keeping it for at least a few more years. I am going to seek a diminished value claim. Hopefully the repairs will not affect the durability of the car in the long term.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
David Krahl
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing