Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up getting a CPO RX450h and want to reset the ECU. I tried disconnecting the starting battery for a couple of hours this morning, and it did reset the current mpg and those settings, but things like the radio stations and clock and homelink settings stayed, so not sure I got a full ECU reset.

I would normally touch the battery cables together to discharge any caps and such but not sure how the traction battery is tied into the system.

No one on the Lexus board has been able to provide any info on this so I thought I would check in with you guys.

Any thoughts on how to do this other than buying the Techstream cable and doing it through the laptop?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I ended up getting a CPO RX450h and want to reset the ECU. I tried disconnecting the starting battery for a couple of hours this morning, and it did reset the current mpg and those settings, but things like the radio stations and clock and homelink settings stayed, so not sure I got a full ECU reset.

I would normally touch the battery cables together to discharge any caps and such but not sure how the traction battery is tied into the system.

No one on the Lexus board has been able to provide any info on this so I thought I would check in with you guys.

Any thoughts on how to do this other than buying the Techstream cable and doing it through the laptop?
All I did was disconnect the Neg cable for 10 minutes. When car is started you will get a rough idle...feels like the car is stalling. Go drive the car for 30 minutes. Done.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You could disconnect the battery then unplug the ECU for at least 10 minutes.

Or pull all the fuses that power the ECU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts