Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which 2016 Limited upgrades are compatible with 2015 Limited? I prefer the styling of my '15, but would like to incorporate some of the upgrades, such as chrome door handles, wood-grain door molding, bird's eye view capability, lane assist, etc..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Door handles and interior trim panels are trivial. Bird's Eye is going to be a major, major expense . . . if it can even be done. Lane Assist is part of the Tech package on the '15 Limited. If you didn't get the Tech package, then it would also be a major expense.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You can look to ebay for chrome door handle covers and trim. In fact, I doubt there is a part of the car inside or out that doesn't have some sort of gaudy chrome add on made for it. But as stated, I think it would be impossible or financially ludicrous to add the tech features.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Personally, I don't find the Lane Departure Alert all that useful anyhow.

Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, though... I have come to really appreciate them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI, the new birdseye view system did not meet my expectations.

1. It only occupies 25% of the screen. You only see a strip of footage about 3/4 of an inch for each camera.
2. The footage from the 4 cameras are terribly stitched together, like they never even bothered
3. The footage is horribly distorted. and pretty much useless in my opinion.

However, if you were to implement your own "upgrade" you may be able to improve on the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for good feedback. I have been purchasing various options nearly at cost and then installing them myself, using the same kit and instructions that the dealer uses. Have been saving a bundle. Also, by doing the work myself, I'm satisfied that it is installed correctly without damaging vehicle. I learned the hard way, dealing with bad installs by various dealerships over the years. Nobody cares as much about your car as you do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts