Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reverse beep in 2016+ Hybrid RAV4

Does the RAV4 Hybrid have a reverse beep?

If it it does, is it internal only or can people outside the car also hear it.
Also, can it be disabled? If it can, I will have the dealer turn it off before we take possession of the car.

After suffering through the reverse beep with my Plug-in Prius for the past year, I've just realized the dealership can turn it off. Normally it continually beeps until you shift out of reverse, but it can be set to a 1-beep-only setting by the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
(Re: 2016 Rav4 Hybrid Limited) I didn't hear any sounds when i was backing up, so i don't think it's equipped to do that. Maybe there's a hidden option to enable it somehow but the default from the dealer was no audible reverse chime. It DOES beep if I get too close to something because of the Blind Spot Monitor, but i'm pretty sure it can't be heard from the outside of the car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(Re: 2016 Rav4 Hybrid Limited) I didn't hear any sounds when i was backing up, so i don't think it's equipped to do that. Maybe there's a hidden option to enable it somehow but the default from the dealer was no audible reverse chime. It DOES beep if I get too close to something because of the Blind Spot Monitor, but i'm pretty sure it can't be heard from the outside of the car.
That's awesome. The beeping in the Prius is really irritating.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The Prius has 2 options: one beep or continuous beep. It can be changed with the appropriate hardware and software, or have the dealer do it. Many dealers do it for free. If your dealer wants to charge you, look for a new dealer. It takes all of 5 min.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's awesome. The beeping in the Prius is really irritating.
I have a Prius, and I disabled the reverse beep using some gadget that plugs into a port under the steering column. It's for diagnostics, but you can disable the beep too. There's instructions somewhere on the net if you google it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2019 hybrid doesn’t beep, BUT it does make an extremely loud metallic alien space ship sound when reversing. (To warn pedestrians) It’s no unbearable while inside the car, but if you’re backing out of a garage, the whole house will be woken up. I’ve had neighbors complain. It’s MUCH louder than a gas engine, comparable to a chopper in loudness. Stand in front of the car and have the dealer put the car in reverse before you buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts